Over stayed after my 21 days express visa expired in Oman

Hello Friends,

One of my friend worked in Muscat, Oman on multi entry visa from April 2014 to April 2015. This visa was valid for 1 year, which has expired now. This time his employer called him on Express Visa and they are trying to get express visa converted into work visa but this express visa(21 days validity) is abut to expire in 2 days time now and his employer is not able to get this converted to work visa. His employer wants him to stay in Muscat(over stay after my 21 days) as they are expecting that they will be able to arrange the visa in 5 to 7 days and they will pay fine(10 OMR per day). Which is fine but he is bit scared if this over stay will impact his entry in other GCC/US/European country in future.
Your advice is really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi vivekgupta,

Transfer of visa is not possible. In any case, your 'friend' has to exit Oman and come back again. He would surely be taking a risk of extending his stay beyond the given time. If the employer does not manage to get the employment visa as they are hoping to, then what happens ? Your friend cannot stay indefinitely until the employment visa comes. And with the employment visa when one would get it is unpredictable, unless the company has all the requirements well and truly in place. If they do, then he can perhaps take the chance. Else, it is better to avoid taking any such risky moves.

As in what requirements a company needs to fulfil before getting a visa converted to employment visa and is it mandatory to exit from the country to get the express visa converted in to employment visa because his employer is saying that there is no exit required to get this converted. If you can share some official website url which has this information then my friend may take this forward with his manager/employer.

Hi vivekgupta,

Pretty much all the details are already available in the forum.

https://www.rop.gov.om/english/index.asp

Moderated by Gavind 8 years ago
Reason : out of subject. A response has been made here > http://www.expat-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2645504#p2645504

Oman express visa is possible to extent one week or not..? please give a answer..!