Architects in Qatar

We are a couple of Portuguese architects, who are looking for a better present and future. We have very good informations about Qatar, but we don't have specific information about architecture there (expected salary, working conditions in general and working as female architect). Thanks!

Hi catarina7!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Hey Catarina,

Salaries are very good here for architects, ranging from QAR. 25,000 and above. Qatar is booming now and its your chance to shine here

Hello Mrayes,
Greetings from Portugal!
Thank you for answering my question!
I'm preparing my curriculum and portfolio to send to some architectural offices in Doha. Could you recomend some names of good arquitectural offices with interesting and contemporary work? Would you know witch software is mostly used (Autocad, Revit, Archicad)? Would make the difference in the curriculum to be recognised by The Royal Institute of British Architects(RIBA)? Thank you for your time!

Hey Catarina,

Unfortunately im not familiar with any architectural officer here because I work in the banking sector.

Of course, RIBA recognition should make a difference, here are some websites that can help you search, apply and find a job here in Doha:

http://qa.huxley.com/ (Recrudescent Website)
www.bayt.com/qatar  (Recrudescent Website)
www.gulftalent.com  (Recrudescent Website)
www.qp.com.qa/  (Qatari Gas Company)
www.qf.org.qa/  (Qatari Educational Group)
http://www.barwa.com.qa/ (Qatari Real Estate developer)
http://www.lusail.com/English/Opportuni … kers-.aspx   (Big real estate project in Qatar)

Hope this helps :)

Western architects/RE's with 10 years post RIBA experience should expect around QR 50,000. One point to note is the requirement for high rise/super high rise experience which is not so easily found in Europe. RIBA and autocad are good but you really need to be of a level to comfortably act as an RE on a major project, at lower levels, say more like CAD operators the wages are much lower and the work usually done by Fillipinos (sometimes even working remotely in the Phillipines in design offices). Linkedin is a good source for networking with employement agengies and practices in the area. Good luck.

Western architects/RE's with 10 years post RIBA experience should expect around QR 50,000. One point to note is the requirement for high rise/super high rise experience which is not so easily found in Europe. RIBA and autocad are good but you really need to be of a level to comfortably act as an RE on a major project, at lower levels, say more like CAD operators the wages are much lower and the work usually done by Fillipinos (sometimes even working remotely in the Phillipines in design offices). Linkedin is a good source for networking with employement agengies and practices in the area. Good luck.

hi Catarina, im daly, im student in architectural school, i'm dreaming to work in qatar, until i read ur post! if u accept, can u give me some information, about working there ,as an architect ofcourse ! Could you recomend some names of good arquitectural offices with interesting and contemporary work? thanks a lot :)

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

Hi dalyomr13,

Welcome on board :)

Please note that this thread here is a bit old  :|

Feel free to start a new topic with all your questions on the Qatar Forum for better interactions pls :)

Thank you

Maximilien