Staying in Maldives

Hello everyone!!!   :cheers:

I am  from the Philippines and have been staying here in Maldives for 4 months now. So far so good, I like the resort where I work because it's just 1 and a half hour speed boat ride to reach Male.  Fortunately, all is well and I certainly hope that it's the same situation  for all you here too.

Cheers!!! :D

Yvette

Hi there,when will u move to Maldives? and I am looking for some Filipino friends so that it would be easier for me to adjust. I ll be in Male in ealry september because my agency is still waiting for my passport.

I am already here in Maldives, why do you have to wait that long for your passport, usually it will take a month to process it right? anyway, don't worry for sure you'll meet Filipinos there on your new company..

Hi there Yvette,

Thank you for replying. Ill be getting my passport on the 6th of July then after that the agency will process my documents as soon as i have my passport. Is it true that it will take 2 months to process papers? I'm so excited to work there but the agency prolonging my agony. Where do u live in Male?

Best regards,
Dionne

Mine is different, I am a direct hire from the company, and in 1 month I departed the Philippines as a tourist because of the urgency of the position so I didn't experience waiting and processing my papers. I live in a resort island, free accommodation, food, laundry, bars, restaurant dine in, everything is free. It's like working while having a vacation.. I liked it here. It's way different if you will be working in Male. Male is crowded and has more temptation to spend, for it has a lot of  shop of everything you wish to buy.

Hello YvetteB  :) ,

I shifted your post on the Maldives forum so that you can get better interactions with the other members of this forum.

Hope you are enjoying your stay.

Make the best of it. ;)

Good Luck,
Bhavna