Attitude Towards Americans

Over the past few months there have been a lot of bad press about relations between Iran and the U.S. What is the truth in-country? Is there an anti-American sentiment? Are Americans allowed to teach ESL in Iran? Thanks.

I can't comment on Iran directly, but I have met a good number of Iranians out here.
The ones who bother asking where I'm from always relax and move on to a normal conversation when they find out I'm not American.

You'll notice I mentioned the "Ones who bother asking".
Most never did, totally ignoring the potential politics of the meeting, suggesting they didn't much care.
One thing is for sure, US foreign policy has left Americans at a bit of a sticky wicket.

Thanks. Good to know.

You mean U.S. actually has a discernible foreign policy? I'm afraid it's the blind leading the blind in most cases. The thing is, they think they're still the cat's meow around the world. What a tragic state of affairs. They are truly an embarrassment now.

Are you teaching ESL in Indonesia, Fred?

there is no anti- any people senses here in iran . these r between politicians who make senses against something. Its their job!
you can come and see beautiful historical art and nature . I will make your ESL campaign by myself.

I seen many TV programs about Iran, met a good few Iranians, and had a brief look at the history of the country.
I have to say, I'd love to visit the place.
It strikes me there is a culture as rich as it is ancient, and very much worth a serious visit.

One thing of note, and something I find more than disgusting - money grabbing bent politicians always make a mess of the world (regardless of where they're from), so that lot are the real enemies, not country to country, just the twits in charge. All the poor buggers in the middle have to suffer for the stupidity of a very few.

I read a report the other day, showing how peace between two countries (yes, I know, but I deliberately didn't) would benefit both by billions of Dollars, but the extremists and greedy won't allow it because their politics and/or wallets would suffer.

Filthy.

people here r so friendly toward foreigners,all what you see on the press is just about politicians not people.