Healthcare in Bahrain

Hi,

how does the healthcare system work in Bahrain ? Is it efficient ?

What are the main differences between public and private sectors?

Is it recommended to purchase private health insurance in Bahrain?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience !

Julien

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 21#2231731

The medical system in Bahrain is not brilliant, Everyone will have to have medical insurance soon , The Government hospital is basic but is adequate, you have to pay a small charge for treatment, basic drugs are free but others are very expensive,
The private hospitals are expensive if you don't have medical insurance, and they try to do every test they can,
As an expat it is RECOMMENDED that you have private medical Insurance, make sure it has Medivac capabilities.
always get a second opinion.
If possible if there is a serious illness or injury try to get treatment in Europe, the Middle Eastern Hospitals are very well equipped, but the staff are not well trained and a lot of medical malpractice happens.

I'm a health personnel and have worked with few private hospitals in Bahrain. The Government hospital is the basis where you can get treatment at a minimal cost. Getting involved with a health insurance is a good option but not all types of illnesses is being approved treatment by some insurance companies. I'm currently working with American Mission Hospital manama Bahrain. It is own by the Reform church of America and they are trying all possible best to maintain American health standard. The health staffs are quite reliable and efficient. Patients care and quality imimprovement is the top of priority. I may not know about other countries in middle east but I'll not hesitate to say that the health facilities in Bahrain are well established and equipped with efficient Doctors, nurses and paramedics from India, Europe etc. In American Mission Hospital, there's no mal practice and charity to patients is also top of their priority...

Do you have any recommended insurance providers ?