Moving to Luanda

Hello,

There is a very big possibility that my husband and I will be moving to Luanda. We will be living in company housing in the city center. He works in the oil industry and our company is taking care of our living expenses and providing a driver. We will not be moving with children. I have read so many blogs about living in Angola. And while a lot of them are helpful, there is so much information to absorb, and several are a few years old. I know that Luanda is a city in transition and still suffering growing pains (i.e. Electricity and water outages) that our company has told us about. I would like information on how life there is now. How safe is it to go to the grocery store? Is it safe to go to the beach, restaurants, and the cinema?
Is it hard traveling in and out of the country? We currently live in America and have a home in Sweden that I will be traveling to while we live there. Is it safe to travel to other parts of Africa from Angola? We are interested in seeing South Africa. 
Thank you for any insight you may give me. I hope I don't sound dumb or offensive.

Hi,

When are you moving to Angola? Where in US are you.  I sometimes provide informative information to people moving to Angola.  Casa de Angola - Houston

Hi there and welcome!
The life here is an adventure, for me, every day!You will have to had open mind,because what you consider logical... Could not happen here.
The people are friendly and you can get some good friends here, because they like to chat and share. You will see clearly opposite social classes-you will get used to it.
If you are a low profile person, you won't get any problems here. Of course you can't go take a walk at night...
you have very good fish here and sea food, terrific beaches and the wonderful places to visit on the country side.
Hope that this inf. Could be helpful for you!

Have a great day!

Thank you so much for your reply! I appreciate all your advice and comments. It seems to be liveable there if you are willing to adjust to change and have patience. Do you live in the city center?

Hi there.
Yes I live in city center.
And, yes, with a little patience you will manage to live here.
If you need more clarifications, please feel free to say, OK?

Cheers