New members of the Northern Ireland forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Northern Ireland forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Northern Ireland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi there.
We would love to move to Northern Ireland. I have a british passport, my parents are currently living over there and I have my national security number to legally work there. I did go on a working holiday in 2004 and worked for the Hilton hotel in Templepatrick, but only for 6 weeks. Problem is my baby, who will be born in June and my husband will have a South African passport. A mother who has a decent british passport can not pass her british passport onto her children  :( .There is also a new law out now that a british citizen bringing a husband and child over to the UK has to be earning a salary of no less that 23 000 pounds per annum. Makes it very difficult when I am still living in South Africa and employment agencies say that I have to be in Northern Ireland first before they can tell me any information in regards to what jobs are on offer etc. Also, when I look at job websites in Northern Ireland, the salary that they are advertising is no where near 23 000 pounds per an annum. So we are feeling stuck at the moment in our plans to emigrate over. If anyone can give any advice or help, it is most welcome. :)

im clive from ireland

Hi,

I just arrived in Northern Ireland one month ago. I actually live in Portadown but I'll move to Belfast next Thursday. I'm a 23 years old french woman. As I don't know anybody here, I'm looking to meet people to have coffee or a drink, chat, travel around the country.. so do not hesitate to contact me :)

Marion

hi there,

I just started to look for a job in Northern Ireland and gathering all infos. I am currently working in Paris in the Tourism Industry (Tour Operators, Travel agencies, Tourism Offices...), and i would like to move to Ireland or Nothern Ireland where my friend lives (near Belfast). If you have any advise to give me for my job research that would be great! :D
En tant que Français y a t-il des démarches particulières à faire?

Thanks!

Marion

Salut Marion,

Pas de démarches particulières à faire en tant que français vu que ça reste en Europe c'est l'avantage. Après une fois sur place tu auras qques paperasse à faire notamment pour la banque, numéro de sécu (national insurance number). Pour la recherche de boulot je peux pas vraiment te donner de conseils moi j'ai trouvé mon taff sur internet (indeed.uk, qui recense les annonces des boites, boite d'intérim.. assez complet)

Bon courage pour tes recherches !

MarionLeH wrote:

Salut Marion,

Pas de démarches particulières à faire en tant que français vu que ça reste en Europe c'est l'avantage. Après une fois sur place tu auras qques paperasse à faire notamment pour la banque, numéro de sécu (national insurance number). Pour la recherche de boulot je peux pas vraiment te donner de conseils moi j'ai trouvé mon taff sur internet (indeed.uk, qui recense les annonces des boites, boite d'intérim.. assez complet)

Bon courage pour tes recherches !

ENGLISH please as this is an Anglophone forum.
Thank you.

Hello Marion

Hope you settled well in Belfast and managed to hook up with other French expats.
I'm using the forum to look for French speakers with translating experience, (preferably with medical background) to proofread an already translated medical material.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Dacian

I have been living in N.Ireland nearly 3 year. We are a family of four. I like it here especially in summer. Coming from mozambique where sunshin is aboundant, I find winter dragging on for too long . . . - most local  people I come across they seem very narrow-minded like a closed book. I have travelled a bit for cultural amusement  and social experience, I find myself enjoying being near or around others and i am open for advectures if with people i know I trust. I would like to connect with expats mostly those who're coming from Southern Africa but open for other parts . . .

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751395

Thanks!

Closed