History of Hungary/Slovakia - Am i eligible for Hungarian citizenship

Hello,  My grandfather was born in Slavnica in 1888 and my grandmother was born in Pruske in 1895 - both these cities are now located in Slovakia.  Does anyone know if either of these cities were under the Hungarian rule at that time of my grandparents births? I am trying to determine if I would be eligible for Hungarian citizenship.  Thank you for all your help and assistance.

Can't say for certain but I think they were under HU9 Austria Hungary) rule at those dates.
My father was born in Kunkowa Poland near Gorlice. When my grandmother was born it was under HU rule. dad born in 1921.
I have heard something in the past about people born before WW11 not having claim on HU citizenship if born outside of current day HU. Not sure though.
Not exactly sure how you can go about looking up info. but you can always download maps from the 1880's and go from there. Any paperwork you have in hand would help out too.
Hate to say it but without paperwork the HU immigration office won't cut you a break.
Been through their so called process and it is a nightmare.
They only care about black and white paperwork, no help on their part.

There are some very detailed maps of the Austro-Hungarian Empire online, so do a Google search, and look closely at the borders.

If your ancestors were born in the 1880s in the Hungarian part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, they would normally have been Hungarian citizens. If so, you could file under the Simplified Naturalization procedure, but you would need to have some proficiency in Hungarian and be able to document your descent from your Hungarian-citizen ancestor, normally with a chain of birth and marriage certificates.