2000 BHD - can I save on this ?

Hi

Single guy, no wife, no kids, would 2000 BHD be enough to live and save on  ? This does not include accommodation and I don't think it includes medical insurance either.

Yes, you can easily save on this money.

Dear Portoman, you may save but it totally depends on your life style and preferences. Under normal life conditions, that figure is good enough for living and saving, but keep in mind that it depends on your life style, flat rent, vehicle (rent/purchase), etc.

Usually European expats prefers living in Jufair (BD 300 - 800), Adliya (BD 300 - 750), Amwaj (BD 500-1.000), Reef (BD 400 - 1.000) and Seef (I've no idea about rents at Seef). Mentioned rents are per month and some of them fully furnished, all expenses included (elc, water, internet, house keeping, facilities, etc.).

Non furnished or semi-furnished flats rents are cheaper.

I may say, living in Bahrain is cheaper than living in Dubai or Abu Dabi.

For an ex. I'm living in Jufair, 2BR flat and paying BD 600 per month. Monthly expenses I mentioned above are all included. Apartment facilities are, theater room, pool, billiard room, steam and sauna, gym. As you know, less facilities and less BR means less rent :-)

I guess you are living in Emirates. So you may easily come over here and check everything before you'll move.

Thanks for the information