Advise me! Job offer no accommodation provided, should i accept ?

Please I need your help. I am an accountant and I got an offer for 7000 AED in Abu Dhabi. No accomodation provided,only the tickets and 1 month of paid vacations. Should I consider it?

Thanks for your help!  :)

where is the job location? bcoz accommodation differs in all emirates.and where do u plan to stay???

The office is in : Khalidya, Abu Dhabi, UAE. I want to stay near the office,so in the same area. My employer told me that a studio will cost me 2000-2500 AED/month.  I don`t want to share with others,so the costs will be covered fully by me.

i think even 2000-2500 will not be enough,may be you will have to shed around 3500-4000 if you don't want to share with anyone else,AbuDhabi is the most costly in UAE

If I pay 4000 AED the rent+ 1000 AED food + 500 AED transport cost + 500 AED phone cards,internet+1000 AED other expenses(clothes,consumambles products etc) = 7000 AED No savings at all  :(

yes ur exactly correct,if this salary is for Sharjah its good ,other way is sharing

:/ I don`t like to live with  strangers. And the job is in Abu Dhabi...I guess I have to ask for more....But I am afraid he is not willing to pay... :(

Hi Rovi, 7000 is Really not enough in Abu dhabi, the rent in Abu Dhabi now have been raised more than 15%, so a studio near your location will cost between 4000 and 4500.

Ask your employer for more and explain to him that you have too much expenses, and make sure your basic salary in the Contract is more than 5000. also make sure what is your position in the contract.

hope it help
Good luck
Cheers

Ask for more, its your right. Plus... Actually living with another female roommate would be a recommendation since you are new, you wouldn't wanna be alone, that will make you feel kinda depressed. But it all depends on you, I also hate living with strangers, especially Untidy and Unhygienic ones... Ugh... Tell him to give you more OR tell him to pay for your rent instead of vacations.

it it good and good luck

.....?!

Yup 7k is not enough. But for an accountant job in the whole UAE you won't get more than this.

Either you can live in some nearby places where accommodation won't cost you much and you can spent some money in travelling

How many years have you got experience ?? If less than 4 years it's not a bad package to start withit . But remember capital city acco is quite expensive. You may also consider better offer if you are not comfortable with the package as an experienced accountant you are always on a demand. Thanks

Anything you will do in Abu Dhabi is expensive, so dicuss with your employer and make sure you are true with him, I hope it will help.

Good luck!

dont go see moor job whit acom+8000AED salary

Thanks a lot!  :)

Hi Rovi,

Your thread has been moved to the Abu Dhabi forum for info.

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

What is your qualification and what's your past working history

it's good start offer for you as a beginning

good luck