Driving in Ethiopia

I spend about ten months each year in the Omo Valley area around Turmi and Jinka.  There are many times that I wish I could drive myself either on a motorbike or a car.  Does anyone know if Ethiopia has an age limit, on the older end,  for driving in Ethiopia.  Someone told me that you can not drive after age of 70 and I will turn 70 later this year.  I hold a current drivers license from the state of Utah in the US and have had an international license in the past but not at this time.  Any information would be helpful.  I would really like to rent a motorbike and take a week or so just driving around the lower Omo Valley photographing all of the trees when they are in bloom.  It is quite a hassle to keep asking another driver to stop every time I see a beautiful shot.  It would be so much easier to just drive myself and pull off the road any time I saw anything worth photographing.

I will tell you everythings,contact me on [email protected]

kemsie wrote:

I will tell you everythings,contact me on [email protected]

This forum is all about the free exchange of information and advice. If you have information please post it here on the forum so that others can benefit from it too.
Thank you.

I do not know if there is age limit but if you are 70 you can still drive because I know a number of people who are in their 70 and still drive.
As far as using your USA driving license I believe you have to have the following.
A) a residence permit
B) you have to authenticate your driving license at many levels. The procedure is as follow:
    1 Authenticate your driving license at your county of residence
    2 Authenticate the same document at the Secretary of State of your residence
    3 Authenticate the same document at USA Secretary of State
        4 Then you take it to the Ethiopian Embassy and they will charge you about $90 plus and will authenticate           for you
        5 you bring the whole document to ministry of Foreign Affairs in Ethiopia and get another authentication
    6 Finally you go to Ministry of transportation in Ethiopia and receive your driving license.