Moving to Romania from Denmark - obtaining temporary residence permit?

Hi there.
I am thinking about moving to Romania from Denmark to live there. Probably Constanta which looks like one of the best cities.

Since I live in EU I don't need a visa to visit Romania, but if I want to live there it seems like I need a "temporary residence permit".
Is that correct and can anybody help with the requirements to obtain that?
I plan to rent an apartment, I don't need work as I work online as a freelancer.

I'm really excited about this idea and I hope you guys can help me out, it means a lot to me :).

Hi,

Within three months of moving here you have to go to your local authorities (you'll have to search to find out where to go in Constanta) and register the fact you're living here. This will give you a certificate of registration which is valid for 5 years. You'll also receive a 'CNP' which is a personal identification number which you need in order to get a job, register for health care, get a bank loan, or whatever. I'm sure you have something similar in Denmark.

Getting this certificate of registration is pretty easy. Can't remember off-hand the exact requirements but it's something like a couple of photos, some tax stamps from the post office, the fee itself (not much), a contract showing where you live (rental contract) and then either your work contract or something that proves you have enough money to support yourself, which is about 50 Euro or so....hopefully you can scrap together that much! You may also need proof of healthcare cover if you don't have a work contract in Romania. Once you've submitted all the paperwork, you'll get your certificate in a day or two. Then you're good for the next 5 years.

Hi, alright thanks a lot for the help :). It's been really useful.
Seems like I just need to rent an apartment and find the local authorities and I'm good to go :).