Buying a car in Albania

I'm looking for information about buying a car in Albania.
Because i'm thinking about traveling from Albania, to Croatia, to the Netherlands (where i live). We will be coming by plane than.
I would like to travel around and see new countries.
Is it difficult to buy a car as a tourist in Albania?
What are the prices like?
What is the quality of the average car like?

Marije

I would not recommend buying a car as a tourist in Albania if you plan on driving it out of the country. You need to register the car in your name and they won't let you do that unless you have a visa to stay in Albania. You also need a 'passport' for your car to take it outside the country. They are strict on this paperwork when taking Albanian cars across the border.

Trussia, thank you for your reply. Sounds to complicated! Maybe we have to make other plans...
Kind regards, Marije

Thank you for the information. I have been here for 3 months and have bought a car. I have the "Purchase" papers produced ans stamped by a notary, and I have insured the car, paid the taxes, and had the inspection done. The registered owner is ok with leaving it registered in his name.
Will I have trouble travelling to Bulgaria with this car? (It is not registered in my name)
What is the car "passport" you refer to ?

Thanks so much for your help.

Hello, I am interested in knowing where you purchased the car from please as I am also looking to purchase a car to get me to and from work in Albania and have no idea where to start..
Thanks in advance
Best wishes

Hi   I I recently bought a car here (And may be selling in the event that I leave soon)
Contact me and I would be happy to share the details with you. The type of Visa you have makes a bit of a difference.

Rick

ricklee wrote:

Hi   I I recently bought a car here (And may be selling in the event that I leave soon)
Contact me and I would be happy to share the details with you. The type of Visa you have makes a bit of a difference.

Rick

Could you please share here itself? So that future members can benefit from the given infos on this thread.

Thank you :)

Kenjee

kenjee wrote:
ricklee wrote:

Rick

Could you please share here itself? So that future members can benefit from the given infos on this thread.

Thank you :)

Kenjee

Good idea!

Also a contact of mine suggested to purchase a car outside of Albania at a neighbouring country as the prices are better.

Hi, does the same apply to motorbikes?