Thinking of pursuing the vocational course at Canada

Hi. I am currently at mid 20. I am more on the trades career at Canada(plumbing/electrician; medicinal is fine too). I have a couple of questions to ask since I had researched some of the vocational institutions.

I am thinking of pursuing the vocational course at Canada(preferably at SAIT Polytechnic or Sheridan College; others will be fine as I am looking at it). My question is after i complete the certificate, what is the probability for me to enter to apprenticeship(4 years) in order to qualify for the license other than networking and age limit(?) ? Should I done it at Singapore instead then convert the license at Canada(I will prefer to do it at Canada since I want to gain Canadian working experience as an apprenticeship.)

I was once in an accounting line and decide to call it a stop after being a practitioner at the workforce.

Thanks in Advance.

It wouldn't be difficult for you to find apprenticeship. Trades skills are constantly in demand. Your idea of doing it all in Canada is better than doing in Sg and then converting it. Trust me its handier if you have trade skills you can even be totally DIY with your home. Services are very expensive here. Plumbers make more than accountants.

philipyeo wrote:

It wouldn't be difficult for you to find apprenticeship. Trades skills are constantly in demand. Your idea of doing it all in Canada is better than doing in Sg and then converting it. Trust me its handier if you have trade skills you can even be totally DIY with your home. Services are very expensive here. Plumbers make more than accountants.

Thanks. I had PM-ed you for some clarification.

Hello Maiev123,

I moved your post from the Vancouver forum and created a thread from it since it was out of subject on the other topic.

This will give your post more exposure on the forum and promote interactivity.

Thank you,
Gavind