Villa - Lombok

Just wondering if anyone can help me with details of Lombok, the life style, cost of living etc...  looking to rent and then buy in the future.
Please, I understand the legalities of buying property in Indonesia... thanks... :)

Cheers

Vin

Foreigners can't legally buy land in Indonesia.

Fred, appreciate if you read the post....

Thanks

V

voz wrote:

Just wondering if anyone can help me with details of Lombok, the life style, cost of living etc...  looking to rent and then buy in the future.
Please, I understand the legalities of buying property in Indonesia
... thanks... :)

Cheers

Vin

It seems you do not understand the legalities.
Foreigners can't legally buy land in Indonesia.
A good few are finding out the hard way as properties are being nationalised.

https://www.balidiscovery.com/messages/ … p?Id=11646

(3/15/2015) The Minister of Agrarian Affairs who is also the head of the National Land Agency (BPN), Ferry Mursyidan Baldan, told Kompas.com that his office will soon survey and inventorying land “owned” by foreigners in Indonesia.

“It is absolutely not allowed for foreigner to  own a single inch of land in Indonesia. This is as stipulated by the National Constitution,” said Ferryafter attending the re-launch of a magazine on zoning in Bandung on Sunday, March 8, 2014

As for rent, no problem.
Cost of living depends on lifestyle, but Lombok is underdeveloped as a tourist area, so things are still cheap.
Lifestyle is quiet, slow moving and peaceful.
One big shopping centre, including a KFC, and enough other shops to keep you in essentials.
The main roads are good, and there is light traffic.
The airport takes you to several international destinations, as well as domestic flights.

Vin

I have been on Lombok for 10 years so happy to pass on any tips. PM me with any specific questions you have

Cheers
Ray

montee51 wrote:

Vin

I have been on Lombok for 10 years so happy to pass on any tips. PM me with any specific questions you have

Cheers
Ray

Please share your tips on the forum so that all can learn.....

happyhour wrote:
montee51 wrote:

Vin

Cheers
Ray

Please share your tips on the forum so that all can learn.....

Excellent tip.
A PM helps one person, a forum post could help many.

Hey Ray,

I will be coming to Lombok in Novemebr for 4 dyas, a quick look around and to get a idea of the place etc..

Would love to catch up for a beer/coffee...

Cheers

V

Vin, you might also want to check out this forum called Lombok Lovers which is run by an English lady named Gemma and her Balinese husband, Made.  They have been on Lombok for many years and operate a wonderful home stay called Mimpi Manis (Sweet Dreams) near Kuta, Lombok:

http://lomboklovers.aforumfree.com/f4-l … avel-forum

Hi V

Happy to meet up when you get here - PM me with dates etc

See you then!

Ray