Fishing in sihanoukville

Are ther any good fishing spots in or around sihanoukville?

I don't know I was wondering the same about Phnom Penh and through out Cambodia.  Where can I do some good fishing with a beautiful natural scenery as well.  I don't want to just go down to the riverside (front of the palace) and just cast my pole in.  I want to be able to sit under a tree or the bank surrounded by trees and nature.  I don't want to hear the sound of motorcycles, cars and crowds of people you know.

Yes I was wondering same thing I moved to shinokovile 4 months ago and would love to find some decent fishing where you catch a few fish , I notice nobody fishing from beach hear and allways wonder why whether no fish close to shore or not I do not now I wou mind sea or river fishing as long as I catch somthing sometime

go to the Fishermans Den on Eckareach, the main drag in town. He owns a boat, but there are many places to fish and dive here.

Yes it sounds so good, but man being on a boat sounds very hot haha.  Madmax do you know where you can fish in Phnom Penh?  I've seen some Khmer folks fish and they catch these little fishes.  I'm looking for some real good ol fishing not some gold fish size haha.

Hi madmax maybe we could meet up someday, sounds like you now you're way round shinokovile I'm finding it rather difficult to find out things hear, most information seems to be got by bush telegraph round hear , nice place in many ways though

You can fish off the jetty at Otres Marina for river and sea fish, mangrove jacks. barramundi etc  or hire a boat or kayak from there.

Totally agree. Hope you find some spots 👍

Cheers man. I'll definitely hit that up. Any chance you know where to pick up a telescopic rod in sihounokville?

Cheers man. I'll definitely hit that up. Any chance you know where to pick up a telescopic rod in sihounokville?

Cheers man. Any chance you know where to pick up a telescopic rod in Sihounokville?

ekereach st next to the total garage

Fishing in Sihonoukville
I intend to fish in Sihonoukville late September. What species are in the river near Otres and from the local beach? Has the area been fished out from dynamiting like elsewhere in SEA?  Is pier fishing productive or better to hire a boat? Thank you for any info.
Cheers

You can fish at Otres Marina for mangrove jacks and barramundi

mainly barramundi and mangrove jacks, trolling from a kayak or boat is more productive, not heard of any dynamite fishing in the river