School options in Jubail

moving from sunny california to "sunny" Jubail...any info on schools (other than ISG) will be appreciated.
Got 3 kids in grades 6,5,1.
Looking for schools with strong academics.
Thank you.

hmm. Welcome to jubail Shazia.

I know 2 schools in jubail One is Pakistani International School and the Second is Indian Inernationl school. They have their own transport for pic and drop.

Thanks.

correct me if i'm wrong.

jubail has ONLY 3 choice of schools!
ISG
Indian
Pakistani

...sheesh!

THat's correct. Unfortunately. Khobar has more international school options.

Yes Jubail has only 3 school of options. As belishabeacon said If u move to khober u can get better options.

...how about yanbu...does yanbu have decent schools?
...how far is yanbu from jubail?
...how far is yanbu from jubail industrial city?

Shazia0409 wrote:

...how about yanbu...does yanbu have decent schools?
...how far is yanbu from jubail?
...how far is yanbu from jubail industrial city?

Distance between them is app. 1300 km!, yanbu is at western side of saudi while jubail at eastern part. If you have two alternatives jubail and yanbu, evaluate seperately.
You can stay in Khobar/Dammam and work in Jubail, distance is 80-100 km.

Hi,
There are many international schools in Jubail and industrial Jubail, highly regarded and well known, like ISG Jubail School which operates the IPC curriculum from J-KG / Reception to Grade 6 / Year 7, and follows an American curriculum in Grades 7 to 10, and Maria Schools, Jubail International Schools, Indian embassy school,Al Hussan international schools, and many others.
wish you the best luck

About living in Khobar and working in jubail i tried it for a full year, the drive is 1 hour and 20 minutes, almost 3 hours coming and going, after few months i had back and knees problems, and the road is not that safe due to crazy drivers, now i moved to jubail, yes its as knobar but i spend much more time with my wife and kid, and every weekend or any day during the week we go to khobar.
Best Luck

for the grades of your kids, you have almost all school options in jubail. american, british, pakistani and indian.. pakistani and indian schools are upto high school(12 years of education) and for british and american, you have to get them admitted in daharan school after year/grade 9. there is one al-hussan school in jubail for A level education as well. daharan school provides pick and drop transport for the students attending from jubail.
jubail is better than yanbu in many ways, specially community and amenities...take care

i visited the indian embassy school last week and it was quite nice.... we met with the principle also and it seemed to me a good one... it is a big school and they have buses for transportation.... for their school program it is quite a charged one... lots of things to learn and their english teaching is good also.. i have seen many kids from it and their english was very good.... good luck ... this is the only option i know about as i am not living in jubail... we just went there for meeting the principle as he is from family...

good luck

would love to send kids to that school. unfortunately, admission is limited to indian citizens only...:(

mariyaschool.com/   is this ok

how is Mariya international school? Any happy parents?

for the school options, I would ask you to hav a basic idea of the schools here, and then come down here and go the different schools and decide by yourself.

if u are american,canadian or british citizen then best choice is ISG jubail.
if u are indian then go for indian school .
if u are pakistani or any other nationality then u have 2 choices.
Jubail internation school(also known as  AL-Hussan)
Mariya International School .

Jubail international school tution fees is very high as compared to Mariya Intl.School. But if the company will pay the fee then the best choice is Jubail International School.

The studies, syllabuses, curriculum all are good and can be compared to any american school

Thanks for the information R/Goblin and Farhan.

In that case, how would you compare Jubail Int'l with ISG.

Basic idea of school is strong academics, preferably O/A levels AND a little bit of religion.

Hubby was up at Mariya and it didn't look good.

Jubain Int'l is far better than Mariya. and comparable to ISG Jubail in curriculum. The only difference is a highly qualified teacher at higher level (A-level). My son is studing in Jubail international in grade 3 and i am  satisfied with the school Regarding the higher grades until grade 7 or 8 , i know the parents who are satisfied with thier kids schooling.
Note: they have good islamic eduation as well .

Sorry this may be too late for you, I can only speak for 2 of the schools tbh.
The Al Hussan School is the Jubail Int school. If you are used to a British School system, Al Hussan is the only school here that offers that. Saying that, I don't know many Brits that send their children there, I do know a lot of South Africans do though. I have been told the staff aren't as good at their job as the ISG school. The ISG is realy a US system - no matter what the school may say. And the ISG school isn't well known for the staples, math, english, but its okay.
My children go to Dhahran everyday as that was the 'nearest' Brit school. They leave the house at 6.15 am and return 5.30pm, yes a very long day, but we didn't like the school choices offered to us in Jubail.

Hi.  Can somebody share the annual fee for a child in Al-Hussan Jubail International School and Mariya International School in Jubail?

Thanks,

Royal Commission School Jubail

Dear All

Can anyone help us knowing the Academic Curriculum of Royal Commission School in Jubail.

Is it English Medium & suitable for non arabic speaking students?

Thanks

Hi,
Possibly moving to jubail from San Diego,CA. What school option is best?

hi,
to all those moving to Jubail, Indian school-IISJ is not good at all.

I have moved last year from Bombay -India and the quality of school education & teachers in IISJ-Jubail is very very poor. Most of them are part-time teachers with no formal teaching qualification/experience who join as a teacher at a low salary as compared to fully qualified/experienced teachers. Forget about teaching, even their attitude towards students is rude and careless to say the least.The school Principal is good but not the teachers.

Also needing info on english schls in jubail. What is meant by schls in kingdom.  Pls help!!

Hi All,

I need to get my daughter enrolled in play group / pre KG.

Need advise and fees structure please

Farhan Hamid wrote:

if u are american,canadian or british citizen then best choice is ISG jubail.
if u are indian then go for indian school .
if u are pakistani or any other nationality then u have 2 choices.
Jubail internation school(also known as  AL-Hussan)
Mariya International School .

Jubail international school tution fees is very high as compared to Mariya Intl.School. But if the company will pay the fee then the best choice is Jubail International School.

The studies, syllabuses, curriculum all are good and can be compared to any american school

What is the best choice if you are European?

Hello Chayan...its been a long time since you started this thread, can you provide us all an update on where you finally enrolled your kids into and any other useful info you may want to share.

All others, please share your thoughts comparing Jubail International (Al Hussan) and ISG Jubail.  Is it true that ISG and Al Hussan International both follow the same curriculum in the elementary grades? 
Thanks!

Plzz  can anyone compare me the difference of opinion to select al hosan school and isg jubail

I think there was a previous discussion about ISG and Al Hussan. I'll try to find the link. In the meantime here is a basic overview
ISG                                        Al Hussan
US curriculum                    British curriculum
US accredited                     US and UK accredited
Preschool-grade 10           Preschool to grade 12
Transfer for high school   IGCSEs and IA levels
Jubail Industrial city          Jubail Industrial city
No school uniform             School uniform
Expensive fees                   Moderate fees
Small class sizes               Small class sizes
Taught in English              Taught in English
2nd language age 6          2nd language age 3

The standard of teaching is comparable. This is based on the fact that both have US accreditation which requires teachers to be at least degree educated and with relevant experience.

With regards to European students.  I am not aware of any specific schools in Jubail.  There is a French school in Khobar and possibly other schools for other nationalities. 

Both ISG and Al Hussan teach in English but offer French and Arabic lessons. Al Hussan also offers Urdu.

I believe Mariyah school offers French, Arabic, Urdu and Phillipino.

I'm not sure what languages Iqra school offers other than English and Arabic.

There is also the Egyptian school in Jubail, it may offer French as well as English and Arabic.

Having said that, it is my understanding that only ISG and Al Hussan are internationally accredited so most European parents who don't want to send their children on the long drive to Khobar each day, would choose between ISG and Al Hussan.

Hi there
can you please give the website or the name of your kid's school?
Thanks

Dear ,

i want to ask is there any school of special children in jubail .if any one know please inform me .
thanks,

Big difference between jubail and california 😭 do u feel homesick i think the answe is BIG YES

From what I understand, ISG has now started offering till grade 12 (so full diploma), though it seems to depend on enrollment each year. They're also planning on moving to a new campus between 2016-2019...

http://isg-jubail.org/index.php/grade-1 … munication

Sorry for the delay. My understanding is that there are no International Special School's in Jubail.

I think there are at least two Arabic speaking special schools in Jubail. Including an Al Hussan special school not too far from Al Hussan International School.

bundle of thanx, would u like 2 tell me about urself?

Please, help.
I had 4 children, in different stages, and I will transferred to jubail for new job.
So, I want to know and discuss, what is a probability for national and international schools and its fees?

Hi
I am moving with kids to live in jubail and Dammam/khobar next month my work site exactly in middle of Jubail and dammam.

Will be great help if you can compare Pakistan international school Jubail and Khobar,

I have choice to live any where.

Thanks & regards

A_K. wrote:

hmm. Welcome to jubail Shazia.

I know 2 schools in jubail One is Pakistani International School and the Second is Indian Inernationl school. They have their own transport for pic and drop.

Thanks.

I moving to the area next month from jeddah, with options of living in khobar or jubail.

can you advice which Pakistani school is better from Juabil and Khobar?

Will be great help
Thanks

Hello there

I have no idea about the schools in jubail or in dammam

Apartments in dammam cheaper than jubail
Jubail more beautiful and less crowded than dammam and khobar

Hope that will help