Orthopaedic surgeon moving- How safe? Can i come with wife and child?

Hi , I am Dr vijay orthopaedic surgeon moving to Mahalapye District hospital with family. l concern about safety of my wife and a 5yrs old child. Please guide me..should l move with family or alone?

haventu heard Botswana is a peaceful country

So l should move with family. .Please also any idia about education in Mahalapye. .
Thank you in advance... :)

I think it is perfectly safe to move to Botswana,
Your qualifications will give you the privilege to select from higher middle class accommodation which comes with security features.
Mahalapye is one of the bigger towns along the busy Gaborone - Francistown route and home to the Headquarters of  Botswana Railways.
There are plenty of retail outlets and all the major banks are present with branches and ATM's

So don't worry about your family, what you can do is checking with schools for your kid(s) and see if private institutes are available to match your request. I recommend Google search.
Gaborone is 200 kms away, means it is reachable in just over 2 hours, just in case you would want to look into boarding options.

In terms of safety, we have the "normal" crimes here like car jacking, burglaries and snatch and grab types, which has given raise to some concerns over the past years. In this response has lead to increased presence of security companies and armed response options, but under normal living, common sense and vigilance keeps you out of trouble.

I can only encourage your move, your qualifications are needed in this country.