Moving to Yaounde from India

Hello Everyone,
I would be moving to Yaounde in August with Family. I am currently with a UN organisation. I would like to know more about the following things:
1. How is life like in Yaounde, entertainment, shopping, security and safety etc.
2. Can I hope to buy a vehicle in Yaounde and what kind of prices are there for agood Sedan and a good 4x4.
3 Shall I get electronics from India or they are easily available in Yaounde.
4. Are the Indian food and groceries available in India.

Cheers

Vikas :)

Hi Vikas,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope you get replies to your queries very soon.

Hi christine,
got one reply but still waiting for more.
Thanks for your administration efforts.
Are you based in Yaounde?

No, i am not in Yaounde.

I hope other members will be able to advise you soon. :)

hi vverma
younde is a good place.You can have all what you want in terms of entertainment clubs, bars, restaurants with national and continental dishes available,there is maximum security not 100% though.

[Moderated]

Hi Vverma. Welcome to Cameroon, hope you will enjoy the life in Yaoundé. I'm from Douala, but this year and may be more than that, i will live in Yaoundé because of my studies.
Yaoundé is a good town, i have friends there who told me Yaoundé is better than Douala in the case of security so don't worry.

Hey Vikas,

Welcome to Yaounde! (That's if you're already here). Life here in Yaounde in terms of Entertainment/Shopping: there are a lot various Shopping centers, shops, & boutiques you choose from; it may also depend on where you live, and the availability of these shops and the distance as well.

In terms of Security/Safety, it's very safe to have a tour around the city/town, just have to be careful of your luggage you carry around with you; especially around the Market Areas (Mfoundi, Mokolo, & other main areas), there's a lot of pickpocketing & bag snatching - you won't even notice.

Otherwise, there's nothing to worry about. Just be careful, yet at the same time have fun. :)

hi,

I am jyothi we moved to yaounde from india last month.
The place is nice and m enjoying here. cool climate.

onething is i need indian grocery stores where i can get food items.
can any one help me out on this.

jyothi

Hey Jyothi,

You should check out any of the SKT or Mahima stores here in Y'de. They have a lot of Indian groceries.

Hi!! Group.

I m planning to visit Douala, from India for business purposes. Can anyone inform about the general practices and if there any security issues.

Anticipating a timely response.

best

S Rafi.
India

hi all
i am planing to move to Yaounde , Cameroon in next week.
looking for Indian community and also good peopel who are leaving there and want their reviews of the city and country.
waiting for your reply all.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security

@ khanjan12345 > Just to inform you that you have posted on a very old thread.

I invite you to create a new thread on the Cameroon forum for more information.

Thanks

Priscilla