Macedonian Citizenship Question

Hello all,

I'm an American married to a Macedonian and living here in Skopje, I do have a question regarding citizenship. 

How long do you have to be here or be married to apply for dual citizen ship here?

Thanks in advance!

Hello tipsy1805 and welcome to Expat.com

Hope that some members will be able to bring some light to your query soon.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi there,

sorry for the late reply, you have to be married & living in Macedonia 3 years, on the 4th Licna carta you qualify, but apply 6 months (at least) before your 3rd Licna carta expires.

Cheers Martin :)

Thanks for your reply,

;)

Another question bothering me.

The Marriage certificate has been with me since after marriage and i want to know,

What should i do with the marriage certificate?

** Note** The Marriage took place here in Macedonia and certificate was issued....

Regards

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : deleted asked by author

You will need  various paperwork the most important is passport, marrige license, and documentation from the previous country of residence ref criminal records. Misterminers don't matter.
Bank account can be open same day, Tutunska bank is your best bet in my opinion.

Cheers Martin

Yes you can work with foreigners ID. But your employer will have to apply for a work visa every year.

Cheers Martin

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : deleted asked by author

You will need the criminal records probably from  both countries. I have done it, trust me you will need it.
Cheers Martin

You need the marriage certificate for sure. Must be Macedonian. You also need some documentation showing you have an income, or someone vouching for you.