Resignation - I have 2 years contract, but I want to resign, can i?

good day everyone I'm Dorothy a filipina housemaid here in Bahrain,i just want to know if i can transfer a different job since i am a college graduate and wanted to have greater salary and grab oppotunity outside, being a housemaid here is not easy as if living like a prisoner,i just want to know if i have right to resign since I'm in contract period of 2 years and ill be 1 year this coming June 15,pls advice me steps that i need to do.thank you all.GODBLESS

hey,

sorry to hear about your situation, but unless your current employer gives you permission to do so you will not be able to change your job (and you have also signed 2 years contract). If your living condition is really bad i would recommend you to immediately contact your embassy and ask them for help.

good luck & god bless.

T&R

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share Phone numbers on the public forum
pinato wrote:

[moderated].

If you have some information or advice to offer please post it on the forum.

I would advise any members, especially female, not to respond to posts offering a phone number and nothing else.

i knew aa lot of cases like that apply for a new job and try to be hired, the next company  that want you will change your visa.

u can resighn from ur job as like one month b4 must u buy ticket ur self

Hey good morning I'm Ashwini from Goa India I'm working as a housemaid in bahrain but i don't want to work here it's too much hard to work as a housemaid I'm going to complete 4 months here I want to resign and go back to India can I do that and go back? Please help me it's very much difficult for me and I'm getting sick again and again

My agency is also not good they lock us inside the room they lock all the windows and all and keeping us inside bnot providing proper food and all not giving us to recharge our phone and if we ask wifi they not giving that also we could call our house also please help me i want to go back to my house India

@logicalindian best way for you is go to LMRA and embassy.

Mainly if you have your passport with you then it's very simple buy a ticket and get back to India

@Shrikant L i don't have my passport with me  it's all with my employer I have only CPR what should I do now

@Shrikant L i don't know where is the embassy nland how to contact them please help me with it

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation your in, try reaching the Indian embassy officials, the contact numbers are in the link below

https://www.eoibahrain.gov.in/contact-us.php

@logicalindian thank you so much