Madang Safety

Hallo. I am considering a offer in Madang with an aviation company. My partner will be moving with me.

Is it safe in Madang and PPNG in general. As I read the forums I am starting to have doubts.

Safety is a priority.

You have to be aware of where you are, don't go out a night by yourself, be careful using an ATM, don't wear flashy Jewelry, be careful if driving. Good lock up accommodation with security.
No worse than Jo'burg.   

Go out and about with other expats, workmates when first there to get a feel for the place and advice. I have lived and worked in PNG many times in worse places than Madang. Great fishing there. Nice sandy beaches. 

Go for it.

Madang once before is safe and is the small prettiest town but due to infux of people from other parts of the country is not good especially but tugs or small rascals in town doing pick pocket,be wise shopping for most expats is at andersons foodland and papindo at times,,security presence and police are there,most expats are there so both of you can move to and from bv think safety precaution am will be there if you need me,,

[Moderated by Kenjee
Reason : For security reasons please do not give over personal contact infos on the forum
]

Hi,
I am also from South Africa and working in PNG in Lae.
Ja man dit is Oraait.

Where in the word are you going to be 100% sure.

Cheers
Chris

It's an awesome place, one of the safest in PNG, I lived there for few years with my family, had no issues