I have some coffee thing to solve, HELP :)

Hey dear expats! I was wondering if you have any overview of prices for coffee as soon I'll go home and I thought that maybe I'll buy some for family and friends to let them try how is it like to drink the very best of all coffee types :) So what you reccomend - for example - to buy cofee in some store (if so, where, if I think about buying more than one package) or maybe in the market? To buy whole grains or the one that is already grounded (what kind is cheaper)? I don't need the most fancy and the most expensive type - just the average, vietnamese goodies. Thanks for any tips! Cheers!

I think you should buy some in the Trung Nguyen coffee shop.there 're lots of Trung Nguyen shops in the city,not very expensive, . Vietnam people like filtered grounded coffee, but I think it may not be suitable for you because you should need a filter. It's better to get some instant coffee, usually in a bag of 20-30 small bags of coffee. You can find all of these thing in Trung Nguyen shop, that is a well known coffee brand in VN.Cheers. :)

Hi,

Coffee beans? It is also a nice idea but dont forget to ask the seller coffee flour which is used to added to make the taste.
Trung Nguyen coffee has many types. You can buy G7 coffee. I drank another coffee which was more delicious than Trung Nguyen and much cheaper because it is new and no fame. Just 7$/kg. If you buy 3kgs (which will be packed 0.5kg/pack -depends on your request), I can ask my friend seller's number and they will deliver for you anywhere you are.(for free).

Another coffee I can recommend is Arabia coffee. 1$/100g but the taste is very different from different shops. My favorite shops locate near Binh Tay market. I buy whole grain Arabia coffee and ask sellers to grind into ground coffee.

Regards

Instead of answering your query, I suggest you change your username  :)

Take coffee beans with you - your local supermarket likely will grind themm for you.

Trung Nguyen is a coffee chain.

Why not go to HAM NGHI @ TON THAT DAM where, on the end of the row of shops on the river side of TON THAT DAM there are stores that sell a very wide selection of coffees.

An easy walk from NGUYEN HUE. Use [ www.DiaDiem.com ] to locate the intersection.

Trung Nguyen is my suggestion, you can search on Google for address in HCM, very easy. Filtered grounded coffee is a good choice and I will be happy to help you using filter.
Cheers

That's a better username  :)

If u have a grinder @home l suggest whole grain, u will drink it fresh, @ official barista

phamtu205 wrote:

Filtered grounded coffee is a good choice and I will be happy to help you using filter.

Ground coffee ages/gets stale far quicker than coffee beans. That's why they export it that way, or grind the coffee and vacuum pack.

I'm supprised nobody here talk about Phuc Long Coffee cause most of expats I'm working & making friends with always drink Phuc Long Coffee. It's so much better than Trung Nguyen Coffee.
You can try at their shops:
63 Mac Thi Buoi St. Dist. 1
29 Ngo Duc Ke St., Dist. 1
06 Nguyen Van Troi St., Phu Nhuan Dist.
Cresent Mall, D.7
325 Ly Tu Trong St. D.1

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on Expat Blog
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct