Got a job offer of USD 1000

Hi All, I am an Indian and getting a job offer of USD $1000 per month plus free food and accommodation. Is it a good salary package for an accountant and Wil it b sufficient to live a comfortable life in Jordan?

Thanks

Hello chandershekhar8765

So as to compare your salary offer with others and cost of life in Jordan, I invite you to browse our section :

>Cost of living in Jordan

Kenjee
Équipe Expat.com

Its more than sufficient to "survive" in Jordan but of course depends on your lifestyle and personal circumstances.

If they are still looking for accountants please let me know. I just moved to Amman and I am an accountant looking for a job.

Thanks all for your valuable comments. But I also did some Google research and found that a person should at least earn 1300-1500 JD to live a comfortable life. Is 1000 USD really sufficient to survive for two ppl.. I apologize as I am again asking the same question but it's very important to know before moving to Jordan. Thanks,

Jordan is not Europe of any other Western country  :rolleyes:
I don't know where you get your information but this is not true.

I'm getting a bit pissed off when I read such comments, nothing personal to you, but you have to know that Jordan is a low wages country. Most of the Jordanians earn a salary between 300-600 dinar. Some unfortunate far less and some lucky few more if they do good business. Why most of the expats are so much focused on the money?

Like I said in my previous post: your salary is sufficient to live here for the two of you but then again, it depends on  your lifestyle. You don't have to pay for your food (breakfast and maybe a snack in the evening) and your accommodation. Where do you want to spend your money? Dining out every day/week? Every weekend going wild in the nightclub? Buying very expensive clothes and other useless luxury? Every two weeks in a beauty salon at the Dead Sea? Many Jordanians have the wish to have an income like you. My advise: if you are to much focused on the high of your salary and you don't like it, don't  come  to Jordan and miss the unique experiences to live in a wonderful country.