Living together unmarried in bahrain

Hi

Me and my partner area thinking about moving to bahrain. We are just considering all the possibilities at the minute to see if it will be suitable for us as his sister has moved out there last year . Although we are thinking about getting married in the future we are not yet married. Is it illegal for us to live together when we are there ?

Thank you

Loads of people live together unmarried but it depends on a lot of factors

The main problem could be if you have to sponsor your boyfriends CPR - they only usually allow that for married people. His sister couldn't do it as you can't sponsor a family member over the age of 18. Only real way of doing it for sure is if your boyfriend got a job and they sponsored him or he did the "visa hop" every 3 months (fly out of Bahrain and back in again to renew travel visa - expensive and risky) I can give you a contact to discuss this with in more detail (he has friends in the ministry and can advise really well) if you PM me.

You can live together - but keep it to yourself and close friends. Never heard of police knocking doors and checking for people to see if an unmarried couple is living together. I am sure for white expats, this will not be a problem - but the areas Jo has mentioned might be - especially when it comes to the visa.

It appears that my initial thoughts were correct.

Your boyfriend can live with you

He cannot get sponsorship from you for his CPR

If he wants CPR he will have to get a job and the employer to sponsor him or he will go to university or some form of study.

Only other option is for him to fly out of Bahrain and back in every 3 months to renew his visit visa.

Thanks for your help !

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : off topic

There are way better places to ask for this than a 3 year old, mostly unrelated thread.  Go to the classified section and post there with more details so people know what you have in mind.

Good luck

Married man planning for a divorce.planning for a living togther in bahrain.patner & me both are engineer ready to make a visit & living together any problem with that

Benny 82 wrote:

Married man planning for a divorce.planning for a living togther in bahrain.patner & me both are engineer ready to make a visit & living together any problem with that

Should not be a problem but dont highlight the fact.

thanks

I would like to know of livining relationship we both are Indians. But iam saudia planing to move to bharain. Iam my partner is also an Indian. I want to bring my partner on employment visa in the same company  I work for. We want to live togather in bharain can you suggest me an option .
AN idea
Hope a reply
Regards

This is a very old thread.  And I am not clear what is your question?  what option are you referring to?

Your only option is to get married to your partner and preferably before you move together good luck