Installing an outdoor jacuzzi, prices?

Hey guys,

I really, really want an outdoor jacuzzi for my terrace. Something like this: google.se/search?q=outdoor jacuzzi malta&biw=1920&bih=969&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=DttuVamkHInLygP_lIPoBQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgrc=zGex-grZlx_hWM%3A;vhukbAW5rzux9M;http%3A%2F%2Fimagesus.homeaway.co.uk%2Fmda01%2F2366946a-ca40-474d-b71a-8c6b714e6cd4.1.10;http%3A%2F%2Fwww.homeaway.co.uk%2Fp601388;1024;768

Do you have any idea how much that would cost? Also approximately what the maintenance cost would be? (water etc).

I was thinking about speaking to my landlord about the options regarding this. I'm hiring from a company. Do you think it would be possible making some deal with the purchasing and rent I'm paying?

illerill wrote:

Hey guys,

I really, really want an outdoor jacuzzi for my terrace.

Do you have any idea how much that would cost? Also approximately what the maintenance cost would be? (water etc).

I was thinking about speaking to my landlord about the options regarding this. I'm hiring from a company. Do you think it would be possible making some deal with the purchasing and rent I'm paying?

Last time I checked Jacuzzis came out at about 6000 - 9000 euros.
Is your terrace on the ground or is it on a higher floor or the roof? you need to be aware that a Jacuzzi can weigh around 2 tonnes when full and if not at ground level your landlord might be a little worried at putting one on the terrace.
Our landlord was going to put a Jacuzzi on the roof but in the end we didn't bother and reduced the rent instead. We then put a small temporary pool around 2.5 meters dia. and .75 meters deep on the roof as we new it would take the weight and use this in the summer months. Total cost including pump/filter and chlorine float - 150 euros!

Ray

It's a penthouse, so I don't know about the weight. 6000-9000 euros sounds really expensive. Are they really that much? Are prices way higher in Malta than everywhere else?

I've been thinking about a pool as well, but haven't found any good ones. Maybe you know any? You know, I just want something small, square or rectangular that I can sit in and cool off. Like 1x1.5 meter would be more than enough.

Ive heard the Meds quite big,or look on Amazon,if you want something a bit smaller.

Meds?

illerill wrote:

Meds?

Mediterranean sea!

illerill wrote:

It's a penthouse, so I don't know about the weight. 6000-9000 euros sounds really expensive. Are they really that much? Are prices way higher in Malta than everywhere else?

I've been thinking about a pool as well, but haven't found any good ones. Maybe you know any? You know, I just want something small, square or rectangular that I can sit in and cool off. Like 1x1.5 meter would be more than enough.

Just Google 'Intex Easy Set' ( or 'blow up swimming pools') and you will see plenty, we bought one of their pools in a little shop in Gozo that sells things for outdoors and the garden and it does the job fine, if you can't get one locally,  look on line.
There is a top inflatable section that you blow up first then as you fill it with water the inflated ring floats upwards, the whole thing is self supporting and ours came with pump and filter. I then went and bought a floating Chlorine dispenser to keep it fit for use, we are now on our second year using the same pool. Beware of the weight, 1 cubic meter weighs approximately 1 Tonne!

Ray.

How much water does it take to fill Ray - are they cost effective ?
Because I'm thinking of getting a pool or something when I move. Do you have a picture ?

No worries if not

maltaforme wrote:

Ive heard the Meds quite big,or look on Amazon,if you want something a bit smaller.

yes problem is everyone else wants to get in the med and a pool on the roof means some privacy etc lol

robpw2 wrote:

How much water does it take to fill Ray - are they cost effective ?
Because I'm thinking of getting a pool or something when I move. Do you have a picture ?

No worries if not

Try this link.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Intex+E … mp;bih=482

There are quite a few other makes, the hardest part is finding them in Malta. We got ours from a little shop next to Mayjo in Victoria though they did not have any when I was there 2 weeks ago but said they could order one for me. I have seen them on eBay and Amazon.

Ours is around 8' dia. and 2'6" deep and takes approx. 2 cubic meters to fill it. (2 tonnes)

Cheers

Ray

Is it common to put a pool like that on a roof top? Seems like the weight would be an issue!  Or landlords might not allow it?  Maybe I will bring one with me for the kids! 

😆 I once heard a story of someone draining a rooftop pool with a hose off the side of a building,  when they checked on it,  there was no water on the ground- the end of the hose had gone into an open window of the apartment below 😆

Jasminej wrote:

Is it common to put a pool like that on a roof top? Seems like the weight would be an issue!  Or landlords might not allow it?  Maybe I will bring one with me for the kids! 

😆 I once heard a story of someone draining a rooftop pool with a hose off the side of a building,  when they checked on it,  there was no water on the ground- the end of the hose had gone into an open window of the apartment below 😆

If you look you will see I warned about weight in three posts above!!!
Posts 2, 7 and 10
:whistle:

Ray

Yes,  I saw your warnings.  I was just wondering if it was common for people to do it anyways.  Or for landlords to allow it.

I googled "Intex Easy Set" but they all seem to be circular. I would really need a rectangular pool to fit good on my terrace.

illerill wrote:

I googled "Intex Easy Set" but they all seem to be circular. I would really need a rectangular pool to fit good on my terrace.

If you Google 'blow up swimming pools' you will see pictures of quite a few, the problem is finding a supplier who would deliver to Malta.

There are a few on eBay, Amazon and Argos websites. ( 'Trotters Independent Traders' in Tarxien can order and deliver for you from many UK retailers)

The manufacturers tend to manufacture round pools as it is a lot easier than trying to make corners watertight and the forces generated by a large volume of water are easier to equalise in a round pool.

Ray