Villamartin

Hi,

My hubby is in the process of applying for a job in the International school ELIS Villamartin.  We have 2 small kids, the youngest being 20 months old. We are just trying to calculate whether as a family we would be able to live on his wages.
They said his gross pay would be around 1800 per month. I know the N.I is around 6.5% but don't know how much tax would be deducted.

I would like to work as well but we have 2 small children, the youngest being 20 months old. We have been told the 3 year old would be entitled to free schooling, but if I wanted to work we would have to find child care for the toddler. 

There's alot to consider and dont want to rush in, so I guesse my questions are-

how much tax is he likely to have deducted?

Could we manage on his salary alone?

Are there childcare facilities in the area for the baby? and if so how much might it cost?

Lastly, is Villamartin and the surrounding area a nice place for families to live?

I would really appreciate your help guys.
Thanks

S x

Hi schalm12,

Welcome to Expat-blog! :)

Hope you get reply to your questions very soon.

Good luck
Christine

Hi There

Firstly the Villamartin area has lots going on for families.  Good beaches, shops, restaurants, sports facilities.

It's a place where many expats have chosen to live, so their will be lots of support for you if you move there and I think this is a really important point.

Here's a table for income tax that might help

Taxable Base    Tax    Rate Band    Marginal %
0    0    4000    15
4000    600    9800    24
13800    2952    12000    28
25800    6312    19200    37
45000    13416    -    45
Deductions from Income:
Single Person €3400
Married persons €6800
First Child €1400
Second Child €1500
Third Child €2200
Over 65 years of age add €800 to personal minimum of €3400

Payments to the Social Security System:
15% of mortgage payments on principal residence.
75% of Plus Valia tax paid on a property transfer.

For example a single man earning €25.000 a year would deduct his €3400 allowance leaving a taxable base of €21.600. From the table an income of €13800 pays €2952 tax and 28% on the remainder. Our example would pay €2952 plus 28% of €7.800 (21,600-13,800) or €5,136 in total.

Is €1800 enough to live on?

Depends what else you have to pay out for.  Are you buying, renting or have you accommodation paid for?

If you are buying  you will have the following to pay

SUMA (council tax) c€350 per year but dependant on property
Community fee c€250-€500 per year again depends on the property
Water/Electric - budget €100pm

Food
Can be much cheaper than UK if you are prepared to eat local produce and shop around.

Petrol
A little cheaper than UK

Cars
More expensive to buy in Spain than UK

Feel free to drop me a line if I can help you any further.

Good luck :)

hi my husband and i are also looking at moving to this area also
we have made a trip there reciently and there is a good nursery for your little one on the la zenia round about its called 123 something sorry cannot remember the end but we had a look at it for our 2 year old and it was very good la zenia is only 5/10 mons from villa martin

Hi me and my wife are considering movin to villamartin,weve read a lot on the place and are going to visit in next few months in looking to rent for at least a year before deciding to buy,,but we need to know if theres work available,,were not looking for anything full time just somthing to help with living cost etc,my wife is currently a hsa nurse,and im a pipefitter,i know it would be difficult getting into them trades,but are willing to do most jobs if not..would appreciate any info that would help us.thank you

Hello Johnfowler66 > you might not receive any reply as this is a very old topic "2011".

Hi John
If you and your wife are in torrevieja and still need an income then I maybe able to help.
My husband and I own property on villa martin and are due back out 17th to 26th.
If you would like to meet just let me know.
It is something brand new to UK and spain, no risk, no investment. Passive income.
Kind regards Lisa

Hello V11,

Kindly note that this thread has been inactive since january 2015, hence the chances of getting a reply are slim.

I would suggest that you drop an ad in our classifieds section, namely Personal and Household services job offers in Alicante

Since the initiator of this thread is not active on the forums, i'll be closing the topic.

Regards,
Gavind

[Topic closed]

Closed