Weather in Istanbul

As salamu alaykum... Wishing everyone well.. I'd be traveling to Istanbul on June 3-6 for a Nursing workshop.. I would like to know how's the weather like now to bring the right clothes... It's my first time to go there and I really have no idea about the place... I would appreciate too if you could suggest must-see places.. though I have very limited time, i want my stay to be worthwhile... Thanks in advance! :cheers:

Hi Lina,

The weather in Istanbul during that period will be warm around mid 20's with quiet some humidity. The evenings cool down though.

Depending on where you stay, and how much time you have after the workshop, you can visit SultanAhmet for a couple of days and see the Palace, Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque and Grand bazaar, all in the same vicinity. These are typical touristic places that you can barely cover in three days. So its should be worth it.

If you have time,try a Bosphorus boat cruise. They are enjoyable in summer.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy your trip.

Zeeshan

lina0574 wrote:

As salamu alaykum... Wishing everyone well.. I'd be traveling to Istanbul on June 3-6 for a Nursing workshop.. I would like to know how's the weather like now to bring the right clothes... It's my first time to go there and I really have no idea about the place... I would appreciate too if you could suggest must-see places.. though I have very limited time, i want my stay to be worthwhile... Thanks in advance! :cheers:

Thanks zeeshan... it will be a 2-day workshop, 4 & 5; i'll arrive in Istanbul on june 3 10ish in the morning and be back to saudi on 6th 10 in the evening... i think it's enough time to roam the city.. though i have no idea yet which hotel the company booked me.. anyway, thanks again for the info

No problem Lina,

Istanbul is huge,hopefully your hotel will be close to the aforementioned location. Also, while you are there, you might as well want to check out Istiklal street. You can check the night life of Istanbul as well, but other than it is a slo a shopping hub. It is pretty close to SultanAhmet and heavily crowded with tourists and locals most of the time.

Good luck

lina0574 wrote:

Thanks zeeshan... it will be a 2-day workshop, 4 & 5; i'll arrive in Istanbul on june 3 10ish in the morning and be back to saudi on 6th 10 in the evening... i think it's enough time to roam the city.. though i have no idea yet which hotel the company booked me.. anyway, thanks again for the info

Salam zeeshan... finally i've confirmed my hotel booking, i'll be staying in crowne plaza.. is it near anywhere the places you've mentioned?  thanks

Lina, there are three Crown Plazae in Istanbul. Which area did you book yourself in?

lina0574 wrote:

Salam... finally i've confirmed my hotel booking in crowne plaza.. is it near anywhere the places you've mentioned?  thanks

i have no idea, will confirm tomorrow when i get there... the company who sponsored my trip will fetch me from the airport...

Xeeschan wrote:

Lina, there are three Crown Plazae in Istanbul. Which area did you book yourself in?

lina0574 wrote:

Salam... finally i've confirmed my hotel booking in crowne plaza.. is it near anywhere the places you've mentioned?  thanks

Sure, no problem. Let me know & I will be happy to write back any transportation details that I know of. : )

lina0574 wrote:

i have no idea, will confirm tomorrow when i get there... the company who sponsored my trip will fetch me from the airport...

Alhamdulillah, I arrived safely in Istanbul... the weather is wonderful... staying in Crowne Plaza Orya Park and the accommodation is superb... Hopefully I could explore the place in a short time...

Shukur, thats great news!

The not so great news is that the company might as well have given you accommodation in Greece! Orya Park is WAY far from city centre.

In case the company has not given you transportation, I'd suggest you avoid taxi, as it will cost you between 100-120 each way to reach SultanAhmet.

For public transport, from Orya Park

Walk to Umraniye Devlet Hast stop > Bus  11US OR 11A
Stop at Horhor and walk to Uskudar Marmaray> Ride Marmaray
Stop at Sirkeci and walk 5 mins to SultanAhmet (You can also take the T1 Tram to SultanAhmet, but I suggest walking)

Enjoy your trip and feel free to ask any time if you need further guidance. : )

lina0574 wrote:

Alhamdulillah, I arrived safely in Istanbul... the weather is wonderful... staying in Crowne Plaza Orya Park and the accommodation is superb... Hopefully I could explore the place in a short time...

Alternatively, you can also

Walk to Umraniye Telekom stop > Bus 11K OR 11D
Stop at Uskudar Marmaray (11K) or Horhor (11D) and walk to Uskudar Marmaray> Ride Marmaray
Stop at Sirkeci and walk 5 mins to SultanAhmet (As suggetsed earlier, you can also take the T1 Tram to SultanAhmet, but I suggest walking)

lina0574 wrote:

Thanks Sheezan.. transpo is provided as well... we just got back from biggmall/ via port... it was a tiring day... finally i could get rest after 48hrs ...

Oh.. Then you seem all set to enjoy your short trip in Istanbul!! Have fun! = )

lina0574 wrote:

Thanks Sheezan.. transpo is provided as well... we just got back from biggmall/ via port... it was a tiring day... finally i could get rest after 48hrs ...

PS: Whats with the love of you folks from Philippines, for calling me out as Sheezan instead of Zeeshan! You are second person in a row to call me that, the first being a very good friend here in Istanbul! Hahaha!    :happy:

Have fun!

lina0574 wrote:

Xeeschan wrote:

PS: Whats with the love of you folks from Philippines, for calling me out as Sheezan instead of Zeeshan! You are second person in a row to call me that, the other being a very good friend here in Istanbul! Hahaha!    :happy:

Have fun!

lina0574 wrote:

My apologies for mixing up the letters :D... that's the effect of not having sleep for the past 48hrs... anyway, thanks again for accommodating my queries.. the company's going to treat us for dinner in a private luxury boat tonight :top:

Xeeschan wrote:
Xeeschan wrote:

PS: Whats
with the love of you folks from Philippines, for calling me out as Sheezan instead of Zeeshan! You are second person in a row to call me that, the other being a very good friend here in Istanbul! Hahaha!    :happy:

Have fun!

lina0574 wrote:

No biggies.. All in good humor!
Boat cruise? Talk about royal treatment! : )
Glad I could be of help, have fun! : )

lina0574 wrote:

My apologies for mixing up the letters :D... that's the effect of not having sleep for the past 48hrs... anyway, thanks again for accommodating my queries.. the company's going to treat us for dinner in a private luxury boat tonight :top: