Looking for nanny/nursery in Sofia

Hi All :)
Our family moved to Sofia recently and I'm in desperate search for a nanny or a nursery (preferably in Lozenec area) for our 1.5 years old.
Thanks!!!

Hello iriska_,

I would suggest you place an ad in the babysitting in Sofia section of the website as you are looking for a nanny.

Best of luck in your search,

Bhavna

I am finding it very difficult to find an English kindergarden in central Sofia for my 2 y.o. daughter. :-( Any help will be appreciated. We live near NDK.

Did you try asking at the embassy?

Yes :(

The Montessori schools in Sofia are mostly English (meaning they occasionally speak Bulgarian with the kids, but prefer all students speak in English). They are a bit pricey and a bit strict with their rules for my tastes, but you might look into it. I know there are at least two, if you do a search for Montessori in Sofia your options should pop up.

I would also ask why not send your child to a Bulgarian speaking school? At age two, they are primed to pick up on the language quickly, and even if you are only planning to be here a short time, the basics of a foreign language can have many benefits. Plus, in sofia you are almost guaranteed that the staff will speak enough English to communicate with you.

thank you very much for your answer!  :)

I already contacted Montessoris. I agree fully with the view that you have about them.
Besides they are not willing to accommodate our schedules, they are not in the center.
Find childcare in the surroundings is no problem. There are good choices.

The reason we seek a school in English it is because we are not English speakers. In two years we will be in a new destination. We do not want our daughter has to make the effort to adapt to the local language with each change in destination. If she starts now learning some English it will be easier for her to communicate with their peers next destination.

That makes sense... I wish you luck with your hunt :)