Hi Indians in Indonesia

GMIS is good and mostly Indian expat kids study there...
Jakarta is full of traffic and high rise building...with average cost of living with 4 family member around 2100 USD including house rent (Excluding school + Hospital + Big trip)

Dear All,
I will be shifting to Jakarta next month & my office is in Sudirman area in Jakarta (Wisma 46 building). I am planning admission for my kids (6yrs & 4yrs old) in Gandhi Memorial Intl School. Pls advise which area will be the best for me to take a suitable apartment (family of 2adults + 2kids). Whether I should prefer staying near school or prefer areas like Simprug Indah which has gud Indian community & active life. Looking forward to your suggestions.
Thanks & Regards,
Deepak

Both places are distant apart and due to construction going on there will be huge traffic during peak hours..I suggest to get your kids admission in Royal Totts and stay in Apartment Taman Rasuna (5 mins walk to school and big number of indian community)....from there Sudirman is 30mins drive mostly...

Hi Rah - Thanks for replying. My son is currently in primary 2 & daughter in K1. We will prefer for them to study in GMIS. No problem for me to travel. But i want the family to live in gud area with indian community.  Can you pls help advise further.  Tks, Deepak

Royal totts is better than GMIS for good Base if you getting reimbursed from Office :)
If you dont have issue in travelling then check Kemayoran area (GMIS is 10-15 mins) and large number of Indian expats are there too....its not so expensive when compared to central jakarta (Ancol is also close by) and many big groceries shops are near by (although they will deliver in any part)...you can choose to travel during off peak or using Ojek :)

Hi Rah! Yes...You are right. the education is reimbursed by the company, but it's only approved for GMIS.
I will be having company car for daily travel. Can u recommend any gud apartments near GMIS with all the facilities for kids (swimming, etc.)? Thanks again

Hi Deepak..i dont remember the name but once you in jakarta can easily search in 2-3 weeks...there are many around GMIS..you can opt for either furnished or unfurnished...most of them have Lawn tennis/Swimming Pool..
for any other assistant feel free :)

Thanks Rah! :)

You can try living in Rasuna Apartemen, in Rasuna , Kuningan area, and for food there is "Dapur Bollywood" in Pasar Festival , good food cheep price.

Goodl Luck

hello ,how is bandung, are there many indians in bandung, visiting bandung soon for business work, shall be there for few months,

Bandung is nice. Nice weather than Jakarta. But sometimes very hot too. And bad traffic when long weekend coming. But many how, Bandung have many places to stay and to go.
Hope you Enjoy Bandung SahilBaz!

thanks, whats there to do during evenings in bandung!!!
does it have a good night life, or sight seeing!!

Hi Indian people in Jakarta I need help for fiding job plzzz help

Yashi123 wrote:

What are you looking for?

Hi I need help for my bf who want work in Indonesia, he India now he stuck in bangkok bcz his friends from india who come with him cheat him, plzz help me fr him find job in Indonesia, bcz I stay in Indonesia his visa stay just until 13 june, I confused bcz I not know any india people in here, plz comprom me about job here fr him, thank you

Job in indonesia

Fred wrote:
Yashi123 wrote:

What are you looking for?

Only Indian people may reply Fred...... ;)

Hi Guys,

Is anyone aware of an Indian lunch service (dabba service) in Jakarta?

Maybe u can start the dappa service here ?

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : You are off-topic here. Please drop an advert in the Jobs in Jakarta section.

Hi I am Reyaz

New toj Jakarta I am looking for a job here anyone can help

Good luck

If u want to stay with Indian Community can Stay in Taman Kemayoran Condominiam or Taman Rasuna or Metro Sunter