Seeking an apartment/house to rent in June in Panama.

Hi, I been viewing this website a few months. I joined today. I am asking for advice on renting an apartment for a week.

I been looking in the Panama City area on-line. It seems practically everyone requires payment in full for the duration at least 2 weeks before arriving. I know it is best to walk through the whole place before committing, I learn that lesson already.  I am staying in a hotel the first day and hope to check around and select a place for 7 days.

Are there any recommendations for a respectable place to stay for a week, the middle of next month?

Staying next the airport is not an option, to noisy. When the property manager talks fast and leaves you the keys, that is a red flag to select somewhere else to stay. I must have AC and Internet access for my computer. A quite neighborhood or an apartment on the upper floors with a view is needed. I would like my damage deposit back when I check out, the same day.

I can manage with a few minor inconveniences, if I am told up front.

My price range is under $90 with tax per night, any more than that, I could instead stay in a decent hotel.

Thank you,
Vagantem

Depends on where and what you want to accomplish .
Stay in a hotel for 3-4 days and get your bearings.
Renting on line is not the way to go unless you know someone here on the ground.
Get here and do your homework.
Try Trip Advisor.
We can recommend Country Inn & Suites at the Canal.  Not downtown, but safe,clean, and very quiet!
Best of luck to you.

I am trying to see the area, as much as I can. I usually only use Trip Advisor. I will keep the Country Inn in mind as a backup.

Thank you.

I'd stay in any one of a number of hotels in El Cangrejo district where plenty of shops and restaurants are located as are numerous car rental agencies.  I usually stay at the El Panama Hotel, but here's one with a very good rating and a daily price of around $60 as an example.  Heck, you can walk across the street to the dozens of other hotels in this district if it stinks.

booking.com/hotel/pa/grand-international.en-us.html?aid=311088;label=el-panama-8LTBLzI7jevgxxowfQfKwwS8454536763%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Aneg;sid=56bc92b6f35572544745c9e856bb34bd;dcid=1;checkin=2015-06-01;checkout=2015-06-07;dist=0;srfid=2f6b170fd788aa5a189ea1fbda7eb9480f6ef939X3;type=total;ucfs=1&

SawMan wrote:

I'd stay in any one of a number of hotels in El Cangrejo district where plenty of shops and restaurants are located as are numerous car rental agencies.  I usually stay at the El Panama Hotel, but here's one with a very good rating and a daily price of around $60 as an example.  Heck, you can walk across the street to the dozens of other hotels in this district if it stinks.

booking.com/hotel/pa/grand-international.en-us.html?aid=311088;label=el-panama-8LTBLzI7jevgxxowfQfKwwS8454536763%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Aneg;sid=56bc92b6f35572544745c9e856bb34bd;dcid=1;checkin=2015-06-01;checkout=2015-06-07;dist=0;srfid=2f6b170fd788aa5a189ea1fbda7eb9480f6ef939X3;type=total;ucfs=1&

Thank you, that advice was extremely helpful. I notice a few dozen options to choose from. Now, my only dilemma is patching together an itinerary for a week.

nowhere you have to pay in advance
bring cash and you will get better deal
stay at the "hotel milan" everything i in walking distance

no where you have to pay in advance
stay at the "hotel milan" everything is in walking distance
never trust TripAdvisor reviews they are all hoax

I don't know why spelling gets changed when u/l a post
maybe someone can tell me how to edit a post after uploading

purplebox wrote:

no where you have to pay in advance
stay at the "hotel milan" everything is in walking distance
never trust TripAdvisor reviews they are all hoax

I don't know why spelling gets changed when u/l a post
maybe someone can tell me how to edit a post after uploading

Thanks. At this point, I am waiting to arrive before I book anything past the first day.

MY Trip Advisor reviews are genuine. 😗

anybody can post anything on TripAdvisor it's all a scam - the web is full of complains
http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2014/ … s-lawsuits
many ongoing law suits against TripAdvisor
LonelyPlanet Fodors and other guides are ok
if you are too cheap to get a real guide you will be screwed

You won't be screwed if you read my reviews. :D

purplebox: I apologize, but your blogs seem to have a bit of negativity to them and some lack of respect as well. Could you possibly be a bit nicer? Thanks!

I appreciate all the feed back. Less than two weeks, I will be in Panama City looking for a place to rent and taking my trip day by day. I already regret not adding a few more days, to explore more smaller towns.

Tripadvisor has served me well the past few years.I really prefer the reviews with pro and cons, If it is mostly negative, the ones with some good points I take seriously. If management doesn't respond to any of the negative reviews, that is red flag.

TripAdvisor is fraud for phoney cyber travelers who have never been anywhere

Hello everyone,  :)

@ purplebox, can you please be more constructive in your criticisms so that we can have a better understanding.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello vagantem,

How is your search so far ? Did you find something ? You can also go through our housing section under Properties for rent in Panama

Thank you

anybody can create a TripAdvisor account and get a badge of excellency within a month
- is this good
search for anything you like on the web and your results will contain TripAdvisor
- is this the future

I see nothing wrong with either of those points.

I think she was referring to previous comments by purplebox. He appears to have adjusted his tone in these.

only neutral pros who physically visit these spots
like lonely planet fodor's and many others should write reviews
TripAdviser is all cyber baloney
people tend to believe the easiest version and love to be cheated

@purplebox: We get it, you don't like Trip Advisor. Can you please move on?

I was referring to the 2   points made by PB