Wonder if Erbil accept nor prefer Filipina workers in town?

Hi There,

Im Marge, 32, hoping i could land a job in Erbil, work and live there. I am a Filipina with a College Degree, am now working in Makati Business District in the city for a Japanese Engineering Firm, am handling the Sales Dept Team.                                     

Used to work in Honda Cars Phils as Sales Executive, Account Management, am a pretty good driver in town, had a car.

I worked in a Telecommunications Co as a business Development Manager at the same time Sales Manager for a Real state Developer
handling  Vertical Projects in the Metro Manila,Philippines.

I wonder if Erbil accept nor prefer Filipina workers in town?
A Personal Assistant (PA) or Executive Assistant professionally a safe job in Kurdistan??? If safe,i am well fitted in these positions. How much is the fair salary and benefits package for these?

Can anybody please give me some inputs here?
Thank you very much!

Marge

Hi Marge,

Welcome to expat-blog!

For better views, a new post was created from your post on the Iraq forum.

Please feel free to post an advert in the Jobs in Iraq section, this can help.

Thank you,

David.

I have a friend from the Philippines and it was very difficult for them to get a work permit and residency permit because the local government had problems with abuses of resident Filipinos by their employers. I do not know if the situation has changed.

Most of the Filipinos I see here are employed in households as child minders or as cleaners or as shop help in businesses. The problem my friend had was in convincing the local government that they were a professional and as such not subject to the same working conditions as an uneducated person.

Dear MARGAH, welcome to Erbil, for finding jobs in Erbil search in internet like jobs in Erbil you will find a lot of websites about that, and for living in Erbil you have to get visa and resident card to stay here.

Yes u can easily have job there  [email protected]

Margah!
    Its 100/ percent safe in Kurdistan if your wishing to work her,,
    I'am her for almost 2 weeks in Sulimaniah a quite place which I didn't expected for what a gossiping what my family thinking bout Iraq
   Im working 1 of the hospital, and im proud to be her and to tell all  they  Filipinos out there that they mistaken that If you speak this Country are all war and bombing
    A peaceful Sulimaniah, Dohuk, Erbil and Ranya will be safe if you come!

Hello

Thanks for your participation on this thread.

However since the latter has been inactive since 2013, you may not receive any responses.

I suggest you to participate on more recent threads on the forum

Regards
kenjee
Expat.com Team