Looking for school and house

Hi,
We are relocating to Bali, my husband work is in Kuta so we wish to find the school for our children near this area. Oldest son is 15 years old, second son is 4 and youngest daughter is 2 years old, please recommend us the international school which school fee is medium as we have to pay school fee for all of them by ourselves (not my husband company pay). I looked up on internet and found the Asian international school, emailed them twice but nobody reply my email, how is the quality of this school?
And also if someone know the house/villa (in compound is good) with 3 or 4 bed rooms, a small garden is fine. Price is around 700-800usd/month (or bit more is fine)? We officially move in at the beginning July 2015.

Last question: in Ho Chi Minh (Vietnam) we have the group "AnphuNeighbours" This mailing group is to share all kinds of valuable information that make life easier in Ho Chi Minh - questions, advice required, events, culture, openings, festivals, concerts, dance, language, yoga, bazaars, selling and buying of 2nd hand items, housing (no agents) and employment for domestic staff,
Do anyone know in Bali also have same mailing group like this?
Much appreciate for your reply.
de Swart family

Hello de Swart family and welcome to Expat.com :)

You might want to have a look at the New Indonesia online guide for some starting information. ;)

Thanks

Priscilla

Since you are going to be living “down south” you should be happy to know that there are a myriad of schools to choose from down there. 

You say you're arriving in early July.  The academic school year starts right at that time…so, you might want to consider keeping your school age kids out of school for the first term while you do more research on the “right” school for them.  You can do some “home schooling” in the interim. 

Same goes for housing.  As much as a pain it would be living out of a small hotel or guest house for a few months, that sacrifice will pay off hugely in terms of finding a perfect place for you and your family.

When it comes to finding housing, nothing beats having “boots on the ground” and cash in hand.  The variety of housing, and indeed the variety of areas to settle in “down south” are almost endless.   

Good luck with your move!

Thanks a lot Priscilla

Thanks for your reply.
Actually my husband is in Bali two weeks he is busy at work he can only visit the house at weekend.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : No publicity on the forum please. You may refer to our Housing in Bali section

I'd suggest Canggu Community School http://www.ccsbali.com
or Dyatmika School www.dyatmika.org

Goodluck!