Driving license in Bahrain

Hay,

Could anyone help me to find Driving instructor?

ramireddy558 wrote:

Hay,

Usually the best way to find a driving instructor is by personal recommendation from a friend who has recently got his/her licence.

The driving school also maintains a list of instructors, but, from what I have heard, this list is not updated regularly.

I got my licence many years back and I doubt if my instructor still teaches. :D

ThankQ very much @Farhaz for your valuable Information!!!

I will appreciate if any one of you share one of good teacher number!!!!!

My Bahrain driving licence has been expired in year 1993 and I was away at my country. Now again I got resident permit of bahrain up to 2019. I have valid driving licence of Pakistan. Can anyone please help me by telling that does my Bahrain driving license could be renewed after a long pause of 21 years.

I wanted to know what if my bahrain licence expires for Almost 3 years . what would i have to do :o

M. Naeem Khan wrote:

My Bahrain driving licence has been expired in year 1993 and I was away at my country. Now again I got resident permit of bahrain up to 2019. I have valid driving licence of Pakistan. Can anyone please help me by telling that does my Bahrain driving license could be renewed after a long pause of 21 years.

Did you get the same CPR number you had back in 1993, upon your return to Bahrain? If so, then you could go and speak to the Traffic Directorate to see if you could simply renew your long expired driving licence. You may have to pay fines for non-renewal perhaps.

On the other hand, if you have a new CPR number, then unfortunately you may have to start the process all over again. But its best you check with the Traffic Directorate in either case.

Please do let us know their response for everyone's benefit.

Thanks and good luck!

ilovebahrain wrote:

I wanted to know what if my bahrain licence expires for Almost 3 years . what would i have to do :o

You can renew it. You may have to pay a fine for non-renewal. Good luck,

Thank you for your information...Kind regards.

ramireddy558 wrote:

Hay,

Please send me a PM , i will send you details of my instructor , very nice guy.  i got my license last yr

akhil004 wrote:
ramireddy558 wrote:

Hay,

Please send me a PM , i will send you details of my instructor , very nice guy.  i got my license last yr

Hi Akhil
This is a kind offer from you. Thanks.
Since ramireddy is a new user, he may not be able to send PMs just yet.

Farhaz wrote:
akhil004 wrote:
ramireddy558 wrote:

Hay,

Hi Akhil
This is a kind offer from you. Thanks.
Since ramireddy is a new user, he may not be able to send PMs just yet.

I sent him msg with the contact number of my instructor :)

Hello ..

year ago i used to live in the states and of course i used to drive a car there now it is expired and there is no plan to travel to the states to renew my license and if you are wondering am living now in the only place in the world where you can't drive a car KSA...

So am planning to visit Bahrain for this particular reason SO since i did have a driving license yet it is expired do i still have to take the test to issue a new one or i can just pay for a bahraini driving license?

Thanks,

Dear razan123,

to apply for a driving license in Bahrain  you need to have a VALID resident permit and CPR. Only people of few countries have the privileged of getting a local driving license without a test, if your not from those countries you need to take a test.

the list of countries are mentioned in this link
http://www.traffic.gov.bh/view/licenses … g-license/

good luck!
T&R
Arjun

Being from the US you don't need a new license in Bahrain, but since it is expired you would be breaking the law by using it.  I know the DMV back home isn't the easiest place to deal with, but perhaps you could ask them if there is a way to renew or get a temporary without going home. 

Honestly, I would think they would say no, but there is no other way to legally drive here.

Hope you can figure something out!

I have a philippine drivers license and i want to apply for bahrain drivers license,can my license help me lessen the requirements or carried hours of learning.. Because in philippines we have the same position of steering wheel... Left hand position.. Tnx

Dear VincentLeeap,

Kindly refer to the below quoted reply. Unfortunately Philippines is not listed.

simboy wrote:

Dear razan123,

to apply for a driving license in Bahrain  you need to have a VALID resident permit and CPR. Only people of few countries have the privileged of getting a local driving license without a test, if your not from those countries you need to take a test.

the list of countries are mentioned in this link
http://www.traffic.gov.bh/view/licenses … g-license/

good luck!
T&R
Arjun

Thanks.
These are today's rate and conditions

M. Naeem Khan wrote:

Now again I got resident permit of bahrain up to 2019. .

:offtopic:  But how is it possible to get Residence Permits for more than 2 years ???????????

Isn't the max validity of CPR for 2 years ?

CPRs are issued for 5 years.

Hi there. I'm from Malaysia. I came across a blog stated my country license will be able to drive in Bahrain. Can anyone confirm this ?

hellobahrain.com/content/rules-regulations

Can you give me any contact number of teacher where I can make a deal for driving license.

Hi to all,

My bahrain driver's license expired last February 2013. Is it possible to renew it? I still have valid cpr though.

:top:  If you Have valid Visa , then there's no issue to renew your Expired driving License ( 10BD Fine will be there for every year delay )
:whistle:

"Im talking about valid visa"
CPR <<<

Thanks khush420. Valid working visa is not in bahrain but saudi.

Khush420 if you don't mind me asking if there is any update on the quality driving license renewal there in bahrain?

:cheers:  Yeah !
Sorry due to Audit work, didnt get the chance to visit Driving school .  :top:  inshalah Day after tomorrow i'll update you .

Hii

I'm moving to Manama in a Month from now and i definitely need a DL . Please i need full information about the Price , Duration and a recommendation for a good teacher to deal with directly .

:blink: ^^^
yeah

zaineb18 wrote:

Hii

I'm moving to Manama in a Month from now and i definitely need a DL . Please i need full information about the Price , Duration and a recommendation for a good teacher to deal with directly .

Do you also need your DL to be taken by someone else on behalf of you?!

Have you searched in the forum? There are countless posts and recommendations made regarding this.

Can I get the driving licence test date early ? Any hope or anyone who can suggest me something or someone who have strong reference in the department to get it done ... I mean the test date !!!

Please reply !!!!

Thanks !!

hi osman423,

dont think it is possible.

T&R

Can I take a driver licenses in Bahrain dear please tell me what is fee of license

dear Rizwan Samoo,

kindly go through this post : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=172165

T&R

Two year driver license date

Rizwan Samoo,

We did not understand what you asked, can you explain it?

Dear I  am from Pakistan I want to buy a used car in Bahrain  for earn money so I want to know about the bahrain driver license that how can I get license  and dear please tell  me how many money will be spend on license

Hi guys,

How much i need to pay for renew my learning  license ?

Hi..

I have an omani driving license which has expired last year..

now I am moving to bahrain and starting a new job..

Do I have to give driving test again or I will be issued driving license straight on the basis of my omani license (which has expired last year)

Please help

Regards

Noaman M

Hi,

Don't think can expired license will count, but do visit the traffic directorate in isa town to find out more, if anyone else has got more info i am sure they will reply back!

good luck

T&R

I think if the the driving license has expired then it will not be counted , however you may have to do bare minimum classes (i.e. 8) and then you can go for test. this is what i heard from one of my friend who moved from Dubai and had slimier case. but its always better to check with traffic directorate.