Couriers- is CPS losing it?

Well,  having dealt with CPS courier for a while now has been problem free and very efficient- until today!

I sure hope they are not going to go downhill like the rest of the screwed up so called services in DR like electric, Post, etc

Been a right cock up...was informed this morning by email parcel; was there and do I want it delivered?  Errm yeah that would be the general idea I should think.

They never asked me such pointless questions before and delivered fairly quick without having to be prompted.

Anyway said yes of course deliver it today So expected delivery as normally they reply within the hour to confirm, But this time all day no reply until late evening saying "Hello Daniel give us your address and we deliver tomorrow- the flaw being my name is NOT Daniel and they already have my address from before including a diagram I sent as place is difficult to find and they have delivered before without problems -now seems cant even get the name right ...and did not get my stuff today as expected.. Anyway wrote to them to say not impressed this time, so will wait to see what they have to say.
Just hope its a one time screw up and not a sign if things to come! .
Enpaq anyone ?? :-)

They are having a system wide email issue so give them a break.  They are normally good....

@ Planner >They are normally good....

Indeed thats what I said .. up to now been perfect. 
did not know about the email issue ...,Well, noticed was a different person and mail address than usual, so maybe email is the problem Expect they will explain later...

Had two packages from CPS this week .... NO problem and I am expecting another one on Tuesday.  In my opinion still the best game in town. I would not let one minor screw up taint your view.  If it did then you would never be able to survive here as I know of NO company, person, service that has not screwed up at least once, and most several times over.

Bob K

@Bob > I would not let one minor screw up taint your view.

Yes of course everyone makes mistakes, just was a bit surprised as they been so exceptionally good before, so was rather unexpected cock-up ...and looks like I wont get my parcel today either. Wrote to them to point out their mistakes re name and address  but no answer again!
Most unusual for them have always been impressed by their fast response, but nothing as yet.

But as Planner said apparently they have email problems so this may be the case why no response for so long.

So no idea when parcel will arrive, just hope they dont do an Enpaq on me, like what happen to you and parcel disappears into the unknown!

Yes still waiting 4 months now on Encargo pak.

Stopped holding my breath 3.5 months ago :D

Bob K

@Bob > Yes still waiting 4 months now on Encargo pak.

well, whats 4 months between friends :-)

>Stopped holding my breath 3.5 months ago

seems like a damn good idea :-)

anyway latest from CPS- its kissy-kissy and make up time  :-)

Seems the problem was not email,  but a new employee who rather got things mixed up.

Manager sent me mail to make apology and said wont happen again- and immediately sent the parcel round within 20 mins of email- so all's forgiven ...:-)

Well they screwed up this time, but went out of their way to get it here asap, so thats fair enough.

2 days wait is slightly better than 4 months :-)

Actually sounds like pretty good customer service and a positive fix to a problem

Bob K

Exactly  Bob,  we all make mistakes but damn good customer service to own it and fix it.

I use Montero Shipping Miami. My first shipment arrived but I wasn't  able to connect with the delivery person so the
2nd shipment will be coming this week and then I will get both at the same time. Then I can give a complete report. It' kind of my fault since I couldn't understand the drivers Spanish :( We'll see how it goes this week.

S

Keep posted. Another good alternative would be nice to have.

Bob K

Montero shipping is not for individual small packages -  am I wrong on this? As I understood it, they do barrels, boxes etc but not envelopes or small packages on a regular basis. 

I think they are in the Barrel and shipping business.

In that case then won't work for most of us who only ship small packages.

Bob K

Exactly,  I  think it just got a bit confused between the various threads. This is  the courier / mail forwarder thread.

@Bob K Actually sounds like pretty good customer service and a positive fix to a problem

Yes indeed, despite the delivery delay, more than happy they way they handled it  admitted there was a problem then fixed it asap..cant argue with that.
The manager actually seemed shocked and said "WOW , sorry about the 2 day waiting and the package was here. This is not going to happen again. I will take care about it !!:"

And of course 20 mins later package was delivered...cant get much better service than that! :-)

Carlos is really trying with CPS.  He and his wife do a great job.

Bob K

>Carlos is really trying with CPS.  He and his wife do a great job

Can we persuade them to take over management of Electric and Water as well ? :-)

And have three major things work... My God I don't think my faint heart could handle that :D:D:D:D

Bob K

I shipped a whole bunch of separate boxes to Montero shipping. It came in two shipments and I'm about to receive both this week. I missed connecting with their driver so I had to wait until they come into the area again which looks like every two weeks. Will post an update to see how everything came in.

Montero Shipping is a consolidator. They put a bunch of people's shipments into a container every two weeks or so and send out. Then truck it out to wherever for delivery. I usually have an expensive item or two that is most of the money for shipping and the rest of the smaller items go along for the ride.

I don't know if they will ship out very small items. If yes, I'm sure there is a minimum charge for that.

Got my door handle (now I will not have to crawl over the seat to open the divers door on the Jeep) today. Actually it was ready for pick up yesterday afternoon.   It arrived in Miami Friday afternoon... no complaints.  Good job CPS

Bob K

Montero Shipping Update:

I just received my shipment today. I shipped dozens of items to their office in Miami. They put all my stuff into a few less boxes to make things small and sent it out. They price by volume so you need to condense things.

The good news is I received most of my things and I couldn't believe it but nothing was broken. The only negative was a vendor from Amazon shipped out 1 lb. of something instead of 10 lbs. Other than that I think everything was there. I will do a complete inventory check later but looks good so far.

The negative part was their driver in the DR doesn't speak a word of English, nor can he communicate either properly in Spanish. He missed delivering my first shipment when he should of and I had to wait another two weeks until he came back to my area when the next shipment arrived. That was irritating. If he would of text messaged me about it I would of known it was him calling about delivery. Hard to say if it was my fault or his, but his ability to communicate is pretty bad.

The price I was quoted was one price. Delivered price was another. I can't say it was their fault though. I did add a bunch of other things to the shipment. 

All in all I am happy about getting a lot of stuff I need and it came in good condition. They are pretty good about things when you email or call them so I will continue to keep using them.

If anyone wants organic chille powders/flakes from New Mexico I am importing it among other healthy items for resale here.

Good info.  Quick note - Montero is a BULK shipper not a CPS type shipper.