Environment in MNE

Hi Folks

I am from India, retired banker, and am interested in owning property and/or gaining resident status  in a stable and safe overseas country.

Can anyone pl enlighten me about the environment in MNE , and also some idea of the rules etc concerning expats owning property here. Is there any scheme that allows expats citizenship linked to investment ?

Generally how is it living in MNE ? Which are the best locations  ?

Thanks in anticipation

Ravi

Hi Ravi,
There is now the possibility to obtain residence in Montenegro based on your ownership of property, but it is a very new law (April 1st 2015) and there is at the moment a big confusion for its application. It is not yet known if there is a minimum amount of the investment to make, so it might be worth waiting a little until this is clarified.
The easiest way to obtain residence was to set up a company and hire yourself as Director, but it seems that this won't be so easy anymore, with this same new law.........
There should be some news and hopefully some changes in the coming weeks / months,
Cheers!

Dear Tsarine

That was prompt, and useful .. thanks :)

By and by I would love to learn more about how it is, living in MNE.   

Welcome views and inputs from others

Rgds

Ravi

Hello Ravi,
I am Mohinder from Mohali, India.  I too am an Ex-banker. I retired as Senior Manager from Bank of Baroda under VRS in May, 2011. I have been surfing the internet for quite sometime regarding easy and lawful immigration to Montenegro.  Yes, immigration via company formation is the easiest, lawful and cheapest mode.  But, as an other expat has also mentioned in its reply to you, there has been some change in this rule, which will be effective from April, 2015. I haven't more information about this change in rule and as to how it will impact the new applicants. Let us see what is it in fact. I am planning to visit Montenegro in September this year in order to have firsthand experience of the country and after that I would like to start the process of obtaining work and residency permits etc.
In case, you would also like to visit Montenegro along, please let me know; we can make a suitable program. You can speak to me over my phone

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : avoid your personal contact on the forum please

Hello Mohinder

Thanks for sharing your ideas abt Montenegro. Am curious to know why you shortlisted this place amongst so many others such as Croatia or Poland etc... both emerging nations with affordable cost of living

I am shortly returning to India .... will be in touch with you.

Regards
R Ghai

Hi Ravi,

Welcome to Expat.com!

A new topic has been created with your post on the Montenegro forum.

Hello Mr. Ghai,
Thanks for your observatory comments on my post. Sir, there are multiple reasons for choosing this country e.g. lowest rate of taxation; good climate; low density of population; no minimum investment condition for company formation; no condition for creation of jobs for locals on business set up; it is queing for integration into EU; sustainable cost of living etc. etc. in comparison to other EU countries. I will be happy to have more information/ your viewpoint about this country.  I am eager to know about you.
Please speak to me when you get some time.

Regards,

Mohinder Singh Dhiman

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post personal contact details here for your own security