Where to see The Elephant free from cruelty (travel advice)

Hi  All

I will travel to Sri Lanka soon,

need advice about , where the perfect place to see or visit the elephant that free from cruelty? , i will stop at colombo, sigiriya, and kandy

and how fast the first AC class train will be sold out ? if i buy the ticket one day before the departure? ( colombo fort to habarana)

Thank you ,

M :)

Elephants roam one national park to another with the climatic changes. It is luck by chance to see many elephants in one park. Minneriya is famous for wild elephants. In Pinnawala you can see only orphan elephants.

You have to use the Batticaloa train from Colombo Fort terminal to go to Habarana
A train everyday leaves from
Colombo Fort by 21.45 and reaches Habarana by next day 3.14 (train No 6011)
Colombo Fort by 07.15 and reaches Habarana by 12.29 (train No. 7083)

You can book a train ticket from any train station but you better try to book as early as possible.
1st class apartment is the best. I think one way ticket price will be around 7 $

Have a happy tour!!! :)

Hi,
You can see freely the elephant in Victoria Park colombo 07 but it's there showing at evening time maybe after 3 pm on weekends or you can see it in a temple at colombo 02 Slave Island opersite the Gangarama temple, the road name called Sri Jinarathna road.
Also the train you can received from expo train colombo it's a first class train with AC you can receive a ticket by online just find with the google.
Thanks.

Hi
Udawlave is one of the largest elephant living area in SriLanka
It's a national park
But in Habarana(trincomalee road) in the evening sometimes you can see some wild elephants on net by the road
Any how,if you want more details,please send me an email to [email protected] or please visit vclanka.com

Thank you all

i prefer to see wild elephant without any attraction or riding :)

Hi
If you wants to see some wild elephant,I think Habarana(in trincomalee road,after 5.30) is the best place,but this is all about our luck,otherwise you can see them on some temples,for example front of deundara temple(near Matara) you can see 3 elephants always...

hi
im Amalka fro south.
my home town deniyaya.
near to sinharaja forest.
do you like camping and adventure contact me.

Elephant safari in Habarana and/or Minneria by jeep Or the Millenium Elephant Foundation near Kandy.  Do not ride on elephants though as that is painful for them.  The elephants in temples are generally chained and not always well looked after.