Expatriates meeting on the beach, june 14 2015

Hi expatbloggers,  :)

We organize an expatriate meeting on june 14, at the restaurant Soya Azul in Juan Dolio beach. Every nationality is welcome and you can come when you want from 11:00 AM. Everyone will can eat or drink what he wants and the prices are regular. The place is very nice and the beach is great just in front of the restaurant.You can see pictures of the place on the facebook page .Come hangout and meet some new friends !  :):)

Wish I lived in the area and could attend. Good luck with it

Bob K

Thank's bob !  :)

I am not too far away and may be able to attend on the 14th.

Great planner ! :)

Thank's bob !  :)

Let us know how it went

Bob K

Sure bob,  after the activities we always post à message to let know how it has been.  :)

Sorry, can't do that drive.
North Coast next year?
Count me in!

No problem Tomas, you always will be welcome :)

Salut Brigitte!

Merci bcp for the great Idea. I'm in!

Cheers!

Super drtuttle ! Alors Rdv le 14  et bienvenue !  :)

Hi expatbloggers,

about 25 persons have already confirmed that they'll go on our meeting,
:)  more people can come so don't be shy and join us! :)

Just curious, about how the upfront costs are taken care of.  Rental of the place, staff, inventory etc.  Or perhaps the owners just say yes, do it, it will bring business on a slow day in the off season., Can this be done more often, say every 6 months & held in different parts of the island?   Having been in the business for many years, in all facets, from design, construction,management, marketing & promotion as well as being the chef, I therefore have many questions as to how you set it all up.  It must be fascinating & exciting to do.   It is a great idea getting diverse ex-pats together. Hope it works well & you have many more of them.   I wish that I could attend.  Thank you for putting a smile on my face.

Hi Gypsy,  thank you for your response.

To answer your questions we just put a place and a day and everyone can come. We don't advise the owners of the places, we don't know them and everyone is coming as a normal client including us. We already have done this in Santo Domingo and every time it has been very nice.So as you can see it's very simple and everyone fells free to do what he wants with the hour to arrive and the hour to leave and chose what he wants to drink or eat or not. The purpose is have a good moment to meet new friends and enjoy the day in a great place:)

ThaRealnk you for your rapid response.  Real simple & easy to do.  Great idea, keep it going.  Hope lots of people can make it.   I've been to Juan Dolio with my biker club.  good beach & treated well considering our noisy bikes & rough appearance.   Again, sorry I won't be there.  Have fun everyone!!!

Hi, I don't know where your from but these meetings sound like a program that we have here in the U.S. called "Meet Up".
Where people, well, meet up, talk,  go out dancing,  parties,  movies,  dinner, etc..There are hundreds of groups started by various people. Anyway. . This sounds great and if it's still going on when i get there, I'm in.

ITs not MeetUp but getting together is always a good idea!  I am planning to attend.

Hi luckygrand,

thank you for your answer. We are not in a tv program :) , we already have done that kind of meeting several times and it always worked great, We are from various countries . So join us you are welcome :)

Oh no, it's not a tv program.  Just a bunch of nice people making plans and inviting others with the same interest. That's why it's called meet up. They meet at a certain venue or beach or wherever.  Anyway. .. Its nice.

Ooohh, ok! yes, that exists all over the world now, That's the new way to make friends and it works great :)

I plan to come with my wife.  Sounds like a good op to meet new people. I have been to Azul before. Good food and the beer works also.

Welcome rsmith,  :-) Yes,  soya azul is a Nice place,  I hope everyone will like it,  so see You on sunday !

rsmith525 welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks here with good information to share.  Are you living here full time and where are you.  Why not introduce your self on this new members thread  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=462012 and tell us a bit about your self.

Bob K

I have lived here for 3 years in Santo Domingo. I think i did the intro thing before but will check later.

Ok thanks and again welcome

Bob K

Hi Ron,  don't think you did honey,  go introduce yourself and welcome to the forums!  Hope to see you Sunday

I don't think I did either, is that important ?

It helps us know you a bit better and we can go back to one thread to read and refresh when needed!  Gracias!

Oh ok. Ill do mine later

Awesome!

Bonjour Brigitte,
Cela a ete un plaisir de te rencontrer et je te remercie de ton invitation.  J' ai pu rencontrer un groupe bien plaisant et j' espere vous retrouver a une prochaine.
Merci,
Daniel

Daniel this is an English only forum.  You can message her directly in french if you like.

How did the meet up go.

Bob K

Special thank's to the expatbloggers who have come to the meeting, Ron and Daniel, we had a great day and very good chats :)

Hi there.. I would love to attend one of your meets but Juan Dolio is too far away as I am in Bavaro.. Do you know anyone down here that does the same thing or to that extend any expas who live here that may want to meet up. I am so very lonely here as I work from home,my wife goes out to work and my son is at school. I dont know anyone here..All my previous friends were in Cabarete and Sosua where we lived before.. There were so many expats there but finding anyone in Bavaro is very very difficult. I have been out a few times to various bars but always get accosted by Putas and have not met anyone who just wants to chat and have a laugh that doesnt want to go off with a girl..

Hope you can help..LOL

Andy                  [email protected]

Hi there,

I'm living in Punta Cana area and would love to meet new people. Maybe there are enough interested to meet around this area for dinner or something.  I have my wife and 6 year old boy with me.

Hi there...finally..LOL.. Yes yes yes.. Can you contact me on [email protected] and we can try to get a date sorted out.

Good luck.  Get together can be fun and a good way to meet new folks and expand your circle of friends.

Bob K

Hey guys I am in La Romana - happy to come to Bavaro to  meet some new people.  Weekend is best for me if that works for you guys.