PDO Labor clearance

Congratulations Skibby, me the same  ;)

Congratulations!

Hi All,

any one have idea about the below news about driving license conversion between GCC.

Link One
http://www.timesofoman.com/News/46267/A … P-official

Link 2
http://www.timesofoman.com/News/43954/A … man-Police

Any GCC driving license can be converted to Oman driving license (automatic)

Hi.. Did any one get visa this week ( those who obtained LC last week ) ??

I just got my visa today

Congrats aruwajes... When r u planning to fly ,??

looking toward end of June

All who got visa may please share duration of getting visa after LC.
As PDO stated 5 to 10 working days required for getting visa.
Please share your experiences

Please share how much time spent by PDO to get your visa after obtaining LC?

I just received my Visa.  It took 1 week from when I got my LC.

Dear PDOBOUND
CONGRATULATION
I received my LC on 19th May and waiting for visa.

I am noticing two potential errors on my visa.  First, it states that I have zero dependents.  Secondly the Visa Type is "Employment Single".  However, I will be accompanied by my wife and daughter.  Does anyone know if this is an actual error, or is this standard since they will be assigned separate Visas? :unsure

I got my visa today.
It took one week after getting labor clearance.  :D

Sumitran? Do you know the answer to this?

pdobound wrote:

I am noticing two potential errors on my visa.  First, it states that I have zero dependents.  Secondly the Visa Type is "Employment Single".  However, I will be accompanied by my wife and daughter.  Does anyone know if this is an actual error, or is this standard since they will be assigned separate Visas? :unsure

Hi pdobound,

An employment visa is issued for a single person only. It will not specify any details of the holder's dependents.

Only upon your arrival, formal registration, and receiving your resident card can you apply for your family joining visas.

what are requirements for family/dependants visa?

there are some rules on
"complete 6 uninterrupted months of working in Oman to be able to apply for the family joining visa"

BUT had one friend who arrived in Oman feb.2015 together with family and he is "living" proof of contradiction withe the above!
Sumitran, your view on above?

Demand fresh GAMCA by PDO.

Thanks Sumitran.  I got the same message from my advisor.  Her statement below:

"I have checked and there is no issues on this. Your family will get a separate visa & this visa will be converted to a proper work permit/residence once you are in Oman."

pdobound,
Does this mean you will depart for Oman without your family? If you read Sumitran's reply it states to my understanding that you can only apply for family visa once you're in Oman and regsitered.
Or am I missing something?

rsth,
I intend to travel with my family.  I was told that my family will get their individual visas within 10-15 days from now.  That will allow them to fly out with me.  My understanding is, once we all arrive in Oman (together), we can register for family visa. 

Sumitran,
Is this how you see it?

rsth wrote:

there are some rules on
"complete 6 uninterrupted months of working in Oman to be able to apply for the family joining visa"

BUT had one friend who arrived in Oman feb.2015 together with family and he is "living" proof of contradiction withe the above!
Sumitran, your view on above?

Hi rsth,

This is something which has been mentioned time and again in the forum :

While the (unwritten) rule states that a new employee must complete 6-months of uninterrupted service; provide proof of income through 6-months of bank statements showing salary transfer details; provide residence rental agreement contract document; plus, do all the required paperwork like attestations and approvals of the required marriage certificate, children's birth certificate etc., there are some exceptions too.

But these exceptions are few and far between. And those exceptions are granted purely on a case-to-case basis.

pdobound wrote:

Thanks Sumitran.  I got the same message from my advisor.  Her statement below:

"I have checked and there is no issues on this. Your family will get a separate visa & this visa will be converted to a proper work permit/residence once you are in Oman."

Hi pdobound,

As far as my knowledge goes, no type of visa can be converted to any other visa type, without the concerned person exiting the country first. Much earlier visa conversions were commonplace, but since the last couple of years this facility has been withdrawn. Better to double-check this issue with your adviser.

rsth wrote:

pdobound,
Does this mean you will depart for Oman without your family? If you read Sumitran's reply it states to my understanding that you can only apply for family visa once you're in Oman and regsitered.
Or am I missing something?

Hi rsth,

Family joining visa cannot be applied for, until and unless the primary employment visa holder is in Oman, is officially registered, and has had his resident card issued.

pdobound wrote:

rsth,
I intend to travel with my family.  I was told that my family will get their individual visas within 10-15 days from now.  That will allow them to fly out with me.  My understanding is, once we all arrive in Oman (together), we can register for family visa. 

Sumitran,
Is this how you see it?

Hi pdobound,

Your family members can fly in to the Sultanate with you. You will enter the country with your employment visa, while they would enter along with you using their visit visa.

Once you are in and after completing the necessary formalities like medicals, etc, you must go with your company PRO and get your resident card issued. You can apply for your family joining visas only post that process has been completed. Not before.

Again, in Oman no rule is really carved on stone. The authorities keep changing, amending, modifying, altering, revising, improving, or mostly worsening the rules !

So it would be best for you to check with your employer's PRO. Only he would be able to tell you the latest on what is going on officially.

Hi Sumitran
Thanks for feedback, clear message without any ambiguity!

Anybody still waiting for LC, or is everyone just waiting for Visa's now?

From last weeks batch that got LC, did anyone already have visa?
5-10 working days (1-2 weeks), counting from last week this should now go into second week.
Please let us know, to keep track.
The LC approvals within this group was very good indicator to show that things are moving

Gamca to be repeated for me.. Never ending process

Hi
Anybody get his visa? tomorrow it will be 10 working days but still no visa.
They didn't ask me for Gamca test, i never did that.
Maybe for some countries?

Today is five working days for me. GAMCA is only for certain countries.

Wondering if they pick up visas in batches as well.

Tomorrow 9 working days for me.
It will come...1000% sure :)

For me GAMCA is required, but I was told nothing about it so far. Do you think that I do renew it to be ready. Just in case :/

I guess you renew it immediately and send it to them, so that they will proceed to the next stage without delay

Any news about Visa?

Nada

I get my visa today, the attachment is not clear but i can see that 2 years

Congrats Rachid (mabrouk)
All the best
See U in muscat inshallah

Baraka allaho fik karam, see in muscat.
i will be with my family, i am thinking to move after ramadan inchallah.
All the best for you inchallah.