New members of the Netherlands forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Netherlands forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in the Netherlands if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Netherlands forum, introduce yourself here – 1st quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi, i'm Sandra from Portugal and recently moved to Almere Buiten!
nice to meet you all.

cheers.

Sandra :)

I am new, and I am Indonesian. 25 y.o will be staying with my partner in Holland.
I have Law background and have been working in hotel and tourism department in Turkey, Taiwan and India,
speak english, Indonesian, and Mandarin also learning Dutch (basic)

Playing guitar and violin.
another hobby is photographing by using nikon
I am also a hair stylist. still 1 year experience. ( I used to work in salon)

I love travelling and fearless about everything.

I am looking for new friends with same hobbies especially in nederland.
please let me know if you are looking for new friend as well :)

:) Hello everyone,I am Jun ,27 years old,come from China,I live here 1year with my dutch boyfriend in Rotterdam .
I am looking for new friends that we can hang out,watch movies,go shopping,go travelling,do sports etc. :thanks::joking:
I am cheerful for most activity stuff,walk around,have a drink :cool: ,talk to each other. :par::par::shy My hobby is creative kind things :/ ,painting,art class ,like handmade :idontagree:  ,also like cooking a lot :kiss: !We can learn or do together.
:up: I think wherever you are,people really need friends,it is a part of life :whistle: , especially  we live in foreign country :heart: .

Welcome to let me know if you are also looking some new friends who is just like me! :dumbom::dumbom:

Hie everyone my name is Nkosie am from Zimbabwe and am very new in Utrecht. Am on a human rights fellowship will be glad to have you as my first friend in Holland lol

Hi girl ! How are you? I'm 21 and also looking for some friends here in netherlands. Can we be friends [moderated by Priscilla : do not post your personal contact details here]. Have a nice weekends!

hi! my name is niraj shrestha. i am from nepal.i will soon be in  amsterdam for studying business.
i do not hav any working experience and dont know dutch language.
can i find find a job in amsterdam??
so that i can fund my studies and other expenses 
i am  afraid that i will be back home without having a degree.
any help would be appreciated..

:)

Hi, I'm very excited to be moving to Amsterdam with my partner and our cat in June 2015. It would be great to chat to a few people, any advice is welcome.

Hi everyone!  I've been working in Rotterdam since the beginning of this year.  I enjoy anything active, but am just as happy chilling over a meal or drinks!  Would be great to meet new people who have perhaps recently moved here, and hopefully strike new friendships.   :)

Hi everybody , Greetings to all.
I am on a visit to Amsterdam till 01-07-2015 and would like to meet persons from all over the world .
Happy living !

Hello everyone,  my name is sofia, and I've been living in the Netherlands since 2008!!! Yes thats long..i know!!
i am a visual artist, my main profession was a cartoon animator, but i got involved in this big visual art thing,  illustration,  oil painting and design.
Since i came to the Netherlands i work as a BARISTA😊.  I love animals ( i have tow cats now, and a dog soon😙) i like sport and working out , and i looooooove antiques and decorative stuff.

Will be coming to stay I Rotterdam so I need a job like cleaning  washing babysitting even working in a hotel

Hello y'all.my name is Kim from kenya married to a dutch lady.just moved into Ada'm although I hv been visiting Holland every yr for the last 12 yrs.
I am a musician by profession,but open minded to other options.would be glad to meet new friends, stay blessed.

I wish I have the privilege to travel to netherlland

Hi All, my name is Mark, I'm 35 & Irish, I'm moving to Rotterdam-Hague area mid-June to take up a new job in Rott'm. Would be grateful for any & all advice from seasoned ex-pats on making the adjustment to culture, customs and UHT milk (uuugggh!!). Happy to meet anyone also new to the area too.

Hello, I am brand new for this city and I pretend to settle down my life in Den Haag which it means, start from zero. I have a master degree in development policy but also i have passion for photography.

32 years old but ageless mind and body, living in Den Haag; I am from Colombia but since 2008 I have been moving in several countries. It is what I like to do, travel but now, I just want to find a job here and start a new life.

I tend to speak before I think, sometimes funny, sometimes embarrassing but I am natural.

I am explorer and easy person to appreciate the life.

I speak english, spanish Indonesian, and Mandarin also learning Dutch (basic)

I love photography and I have nice view sometimes

I am looking for start my professional career in TN but also and important to have friends from everywhere from wht planet!

Chao

Hi,
nice to met you all :) I moved to Netherlands last year, it took me a bit to find my way but now I am starting to discover Amsterdam as great place to live. It is not so nice to visit city alone especially that current weekends are so nice to go out of city! It would be nice to meet somewhere for beer or coffee, hard to even chose which one better as I love both :)
I you are willing to meet text me :)

Ciao, ciao Magda

Hola!!

Also newby here... Are you working or studying in Ams?

doei

Hi! and hello! Im Rowena from Philippines..im newly member here ,i want to meet new friends here in this blog..planning to move in Netherlands soon.. nice meeting you all... :)

Hi Everyone - I just moved to the Netherlands from Toronto, Canada.  I've been here less than 2 weeks and still very much adjusting.

I start a heavy duty language course next week - so hoping to further develop my dutch to get around and engage with the locals :)

I've had the opportunity to see some amazing countries throughout the world and I have pretty much travelled Canada coast to coast.  I'm an adventure seeker - been skydiving, caving, did World's Highest Bungee jump, climbed a few mountains, and really enjoy cycling in the Netherlands.  People describe me as outgoing, fun and very social. 

My last job was working for a major hotel company training employees and leaders throughout Canada - I'm still going through the IND process of obtaining my VISA.  I met my Dutch partner last year in Toronto during the FIFA World Cup - it's a romantic story - ask me about it!

Once my VISA  comes through, I'll be looking for a job in HR/Training/Communications - as for now though, I would like to connect with other expats, especially Canadian expats - feel free to send me an invite!  :)

One last thing - I currently live in Zwolle, and I strongly get the sense that the expat community here is small to non existent.  If you're in Zwolle, or in a neighbouring area - send me a message, would love to connect. Cheers!

Hi I am currently living in den haag. I would like to meet new friends here.  :D:D:D

Hi, I am interested to meet you for a drink :)

Beate, I'm also starting to settle.  Are you looking for job? Maybe we can start till help each other,  ok,  depending the careers ;)

Hi there,

Yes I would love to relocate to the Netherlands. I shall be visiting there for my wedding this summer but I apparently I will only have a short stay visa since I haven't learnt the language yet.

When I travel back to Nairobi I would love to join a school where I can learn the language.. Which are the recognised schools in nairobi where I can learn the  dutch language and pass my integration test?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Hi Esther, welcome on board  :cheers:

You can contact the nearest Dutch Embassy for more information.

I'm jermaine from Jamaica  very jovial and also self orrentatited  I'm customer friendly and is known for hard working with/without  team members I'm always on  time , and carry out my task in the manner in which should be done I'm a very reliable person who always give  100% in what I do I also belive in customer service and satisfied  the guess with what they need .

Hoi Everyone!

A warm South African "hello" from us.....even though we now live in the Netherlands!  We are looking forward to making new friends and integrating into Dutch culture, so any and all advice will be welcome.

Thanks
Tanya & Grant

Dear expat,

For my bachelor thesis I am independently researching the communication behavior of expats regarding housing in South Holland. For this, I really need your opinion!
Filling in this survey will be GREAT, because then I will be able to graduate. Your survey responses will be confidential. I will however forever remember your participation and if I graduate I may as well be able to help you find your dream house!

Please take 10 minutes of your time and fill in the survey in the link below

enquetesmaken.nl/s/0a64d37

Many thanks!

Lucia Tjon

Hello all :)

Welcome on board to all new members of Netherlands forum :par:

Please share with the community! Create a new thread to share your Expat Experience with us.

Little Reminder:

Since the forum should be used only for sharing of information about expatriation, please refer to dedicated sections of the site to host your adverts:

> Jobs offers in Netherlands
> Housing in Netherlands
> Netherlands Classifieds

Looking forward to read you all

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Lucia2 wrote:

Dear expat,

For my bachelor thesis I am independently researching the communication behavior of expats regarding housing in South Holland. For this, I really need your opinion!
Filling in this survey will be GREAT, because then I will be able to graduate. Your survey responses will be confidential. I will however forever remember your participation and if I graduate I may as well be able to help you find your dream house!

Many thanks!

Lucia Tjon

Lucia2 wrote:
Lucia2 wrote:

Dear expat,

Many thanks!

Lucia Tjon

Why you quote your own post without a comment?  :unsure

Hi everyone! My name is Vivian, I am an American college student living and working in Rotterdam for seven months. I speak some decent Dutch but I'd love to have an easier English conversation! Totally down for anything and would love to make new friends :)

Hey everyone!

My name is Mary, I'm from Italy and I'll be moving in The Hague in August to start my bachelor degree :D I'm a tad scared of being left out primarily because of my age (22 in September) and because of the language.
I'm looking for some friends and advice :D

Thanks again!!

Hi. I'm Tara, I'm Indonesian, I interest to move to Amsterdam. I just kinda like this country and want new experience and work.

But I don't know where I'm start... Now I living in Hong Kong.

Hi, I live in Rotterdam

Hi everyone, My name is Scott and I'm an expat in Amman, Jordan but will be traveling to Amsterdam from June 19-23. I know nothing about Amsterdam other than it has museums and lots of bicycles....and coffeeshops of course. It would be nice to get together with a group one of the days I'm there so we can exchange expat experiences. Hit me up if you're interested. FYI I'm straight and married, so just friendship being sought after here. Thanks!  :)

I am new, and I am Ethiopian. 28 years old i want to learn/ to be in Holland.
I have MSc in animal production science background and have been working in agriculture office department in Ethiopia.
speak english, amiharic so please help me to learn my PhD programme in agriculture.

Playing foot ball and pool.

I am looking for new hope with same hobbies especially in neterland.

Hii All.
My Name Frtes da Silva.
I live Indonesia In Jakarta.
I am very interested once to work in Holland. Job December any job I will do. I was a few years of work experience in the field entertaint this Newsletter. Wedding Organizer, Event, Singing in the Cafe. In 2010, I worked as a data entry staff at the plant, until the beginning of 2011. after that I was out of contract. then I got a job as Waiters from 2011 until mid-2013 after that I became a private driver. and finally I decided to work as a freelance in the field entertaint. I really hope the help of you to help me work in Holland. if anyone can help me? Thank You.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post personal contact details here for your own security

Hi, I'm Benito. I've been living in The Netherlands since August 2014 and been an expat for approximately four years now. I'm studying Hospitality Management at Hotelschool The Hague in Amsterdam.

Closed