Hanoi to BKK

Good day,

does anyanyone know how to get from Hanoi to  BKk by bus or train? I wanted to go to BKK but I want go by land as i want to explore beautiful views on the way.  hope you can help.

Thanks
Ash

Is BKk Bangkok?if yes, take bus from Hanoi to Ventiane-Laos, then bus to a Thailand Northern city , then train to Bangkok.

Thank you hongma, yes it's Bangkok.

Bus Hanoi to Vientiane then train to Bangkok.

Ok thanks... I'm wondering what's the requirements to enter BKK can I get visa on arrival?  I'm Filipino

Visa on arrival varies with each country! Vietnam only by air, Laos and Cambodgia by land is ok! pls check with travel or visa agent!!!

I'm not sure there is train from Ventiane to Bangkok.

Hi

you can check this site to know the requirements by entering your country and the destination country!

https://www.visahq.com/

Ok thanks for helping

There is a shuttle train from Vientiane to Nong Khai Thailand across the friendship bridge. Then change trains in Nong Khai.
A Google search will find all the information.

According to a Google search on Wikipedia no visa is required to enter Laos or Thailand but please check up on this with the nearest Lao and Thai embassies to you and do your own Google search.

There is another way:

Hanoi ---> Ho Chi Minh ---> Phnom Penh ---> Siem Reap ---> BKK

It's really depend you want to go thru Laos or Cambodia.

You can check out: www.seat61.com for you travel plans.

we used to travel to and from Bangkok and Nong Kai (Vientiane) by rail.  it's a nice trip because a sleeper car is inexpensive (around 1000 baht, or $30) and the timing works out well for a night's sleep.  of course if the idea is to see a lot of the countryside you'd want to go in the day instead.  there is a shuttle train from Vientiane to Nong Kai station, as Stumpy said, a really short and inexpensive trip across a bridge, essentially.

in the past I researched options online but my wife is Thai so easy for her to buy the tickets different ways here.  one site in particular looked really helpful but I couldn't tell which it was, and a Google search turned up a few:

http://www.thailandtrainticket.com/http://www.thairailticket.com/esrt/Defa … language=1

A few years ago (when I last checked) the actual train agency didn't sell tickets online so it required a third party to process the purchase, but some research will sort out what is available in what form now.

for what it's worth second class tickets seemed a nice way to go, only different from first class by not having isolated cabins.  depending on where one is located in the train the air conditioning can be a bit much so best to prepare ahead for that.

Thank you all,

Yes you can, go to Pham Ngu lao in HCMC from Hanoi by bus *appx 30 - 35 hours (many operators).
it is more interesting to go via Phnom Phenh Cambodia to Bangkok. 
From Pham Ngu lao street in  HCMC take bus Meekong Express to Phonom Phenh (8 Hours) cost $12-$14 and take Meekong express Phnom Phenh to Bangkok 6 hour.  Contact Meekong Express and ask more questions.  Check Meeking express bus website via Google. and you can make seat  booking and payment via their website. many other busses too. Do a web search and find out
You need visa for Cambodia, obtainable at the boarder depending on your passport ($35).

peter

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Off-topic + please do not post your mail on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct