Need help with CIC in canada

Hi guys

My name is Noelle and my husband's name is Karel.
We have a 3 year old daughter.
We have sent our files off to CIC, Nova Scotia over a month ago and are eagerly awaiting a reply. :)

We are from South Africa and looking to either settle in Ottawa, Toronto or Calgary, Edmonton.
All depends on where we would find jobs.

My husband is an engineering project manager in the automotive industry and I am a senior graphic designer/design director.

My questions are, if anyone could perhaps answer,
- how long does the CIC usually take to actually open and look at your files
- what towns or suburbs will be best to explore in Ottawa, Toronto and then Alberta  - we would like a family orientated environment with schools and young families and lots to do?
- if any one knows of any job opportunities, it would be welcome as we have also been applying online

Thank you
Noelle

Hello karel&noelle,

Welcome to Expat.com :par:

I moved your post from the new members introduction thread and created a new topic from it, which grants it with more visibility and interaction.

@ kusum jassal

Thank you for your prompt response, though the initiator resides in SA and i doubt that they'll move to UAE to have their questions answered  :unsure

Good luck,
Gavind

Hello kusum jassal,

As you claim to be an Immigration Consultant in Canada, you must be registered with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council - ICCRC.

Would you kindly post your ICCRC Registration Number here so that our members may confirm that you are, indeed, a registered and legitimate Immigration Consultant. Otherwise, I will have to assume that you are not and this posting will be removed for the protection of our other members.

Regards,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team

karel&noelle wrote:

Hi guys

My name is Noelle and my husband's name is Karel.
We have a 3 year old daughter.
We have sent our files off to CIC, Nova Scotia over a month ago and are eagerly awaiting a reply. :)

We are from South Africa and looking to either settle in Ottawa, Toronto or Calgary, Edmonton.
All depends on where we would find jobs.

My husband is an engineering project manager in the automotive industry and I am a senior graphic designer/design director.

My questions are, if anyone could perhaps answer,
- how long does the CIC usually take to actually open and look at your files
- what towns or suburbs will be best to explore in Ottawa, Toronto and then Alberta  - we would like a family orientated environment with schools and young families and lots to do?
- if any one knows of any job opportunities, it would be welcome as we have also been applying online

Thank you
Noelle

Hi Noelle,

I would bet you're applying through the Express Entry method. Unfortunately seeing that its totally new, its hard to estimate a time. You can see the average processing time in this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informatio … ed-fed.asp
Typically it should take about 1-2mths but its not the same for everyone.

Not so sure about Ottawa and Alberta, but try GTA, try Mississauga, Hamilton (a little further away).

Its pretty long way out right now, but I suppose you can give it a shot. Some sites you can use to find jobs in Canada are:
www.jobbank.gc.cawww.monster.ca
through linkedin of course, just click the jobs tab.
www.careerbeacon.ca