New members of the Turkey forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015

Hi June,

Holding a Philippine's passport, you are required to apply for visa by lodging application to the Embassy of Turkey in Manilla, or via your country of residence. You can also apply for an e visa online, provided you have a valid Schengen or OECD member's visa or residence permit.

Good luck!

juneilrin wrote:

Hello everyone, im juneil and im planning to have my vacation in Izmir, is there any one here who can help me on how to process my visit Visa? Im currently living in UAE.

I have an UAE residence I.D ,would that be okay if that is the supporting documents that i have? is there a possibility that i will be having a hard time getting a VISA since Im here in UAE? I tried the E-visa application and if im going to have my vacation this July, it say's that visa exemption or something. I dont have enough time to go to any embassy since i have a hectic schedule.

I am not aware of any exemption for UAE residence Id holders. From what I know, the visa process for Turkey takes less than three weeks. This should leave you with ample time to go through the process. Provided you have complete documents, I don't see why you should have a hard time.

Good luck.

juneilrin wrote:

I have an UAE residence I.D ,would that be okay if that is the supporting documents that i have? is there a possibility that i will be having a hard time getting a VISA since Im here in UAE? I tried the E-visa application and if im going to have my vacation this July, it say's that visa exemption or something. I dont have enough time to go to any embassy since i have a hectic schedule.

Oh.good to hear that.anyway i still have more time to fix all those things.thAnks for the info.

No problem, glad I was of help. Yes, July is pretty far. You should be able to get things done. A complete list of documents is available on the website of Turkish consulate.

Hope you have a great vacation! 

juneilrin wrote:

Oh.good to hear that.anyway i still have more time to fix all those things.thAnks for the info.

İts easy to get tourist visa to turkey. i got within two days from turkish embassy in qatar
have  you schengen visa ??

Hello everyone,

I'm Cédric, a french man from Paris who just moved to Istanbul.

I just wanna meet people in order to hang out, do sport or even visit the city.

I'm also looking for a new place, Turkish lectures and an opportunity to play football.

Do not hesitate to get in touch with me. Would be a pleasure to talk.

See you soon :))

Hi Cedric,
You will find football arenas/ small clubs close to you wherever you are in Istnabul.

For Turkish course you can browse through this section.
https://www.expat.com/en/classifieds/mi … asses.html

Here you will find accommodations for rent.
https://www.expat.com/en/housing/middle … -rent.html

Enjoy your stay!
Zeeshan

Cedric.n.morin wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm Cédric, a french man from Paris who just moved to Istanbul.

I just wanna meet people in order to hang out, do sport or even visit the city.

I'm also looking for a new place, Turkish lectures and an opportunity to play football.

Do not hesitate to get in touch with me. Would be a pleasure to talk.

See you soon :))

Hi Cedric,
welcome to turkey :)

Hi to All,

I have been several times on business and leisure trips to Turkey. I was in April in Antalya meeting with my daughter from Switzerland.
My wife and I fell in love with the area and decided to retire there. We looked around for a quiet villa that we found and will inspect in June.
We look forward to this move with excitement, anticipation and hope it would be to the best.
I have been in the Arabian Gulf for the past 40 years and with the change of scenery a full life reshuffle will reveal.

Merhaba.

I recently went to Istanbul with a project and I fell in love with the city's energy. At the end of my days I had already decided that I want to move to Istanbul; so here i am researching about the life style in this magical city. However the reality creeps in and I realize that I have first and foremost be searching for a job. Since it will be a new beginning I want to do what I am passionate about and thus live the life I have imagined for myself. My career interests are in humanitarian aid, global development, human rights, social inclusions and others. Also, I am interested in translation positions.

Hopefully I will have the help of you so I can move to Istanbul as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Paula

Hi Paula,

I guess it would be best to look in the NGO sector for the kind of work you are interested in. You can look in the jobs section of this site, though I doubt it would be that helpful in your sector. But no harm checking. : )

Here are some useful tips to life in Turkey.. Hopefully you will find them helpful.  : )

Zeeshan

Salvador Twain wrote:

Merhaba.

I recently went to Istanbul with a project and I fell in love with the city's energy. At the end of my days I had already decided that I want to move to Istanbul; so here i am researching about the life style in this magical city. However the reality creeps in and I realize that I have first and foremost be searching for a job. Since it will be a new beginning I want to do what I am passionate about and thus live the life I have imagined for myself. My career interests are in humanitarian aid, global development, human rights, social inclusions and others. Also, I am interested in translation positions.

Hopefully I will have the help of you so I can move to Istanbul as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Paula

Also, this thread will give you an idea about expenses in Istanbul.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=439096

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Good luck with your move.

Salvador Twain wrote:

Merhaba.

Best regards,
Paula

Good luck with the move! If you need any help, please feel free to get suggestions on the forum, you will find it helpful!  : )
Enjoy the evening!

greatsam wrote:

Hi to All,

I have been several times on business and leisure trips to Turkey. I was in April in Antalya meeting with my daughter from Switzerland.
My wife and I fell in love with the area and decided to retire there. We looked around for a quiet villa that we found and will inspect in June.
We look forward to this move with excitement, anticipation and hope it would be to the best.
I have been in the Arabian Gulf for the past 40 years and with the change of scenery a full life reshuffle will reveal.

I'm Shiva, living in Istanbul.
Played Tennis for 5 years.
its more than 9 month that didn't playm because I dont have a partner to play, So I'm looking for a kind partner to play Tennis.
:)
Shiva

Hi everyone im maki... and im a filipino finding some people here to become my friend.... so we can explore turkey... thank you just write me ok... thanks.....

Hello, my name is allan, i came from beirut. I am at turkey for some business, mostly at ankara and istanbul. Will stay at turkey till june 15 th . Looking for having new friends, for hanging out for dinner, cofee shop, clubing...

Thanks

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share phone numbers on the public forum.

Here to find some friends to enjoy the city, İstanbul.

Hi how r you

may i take the question if you please...
i am fine thanks. how about u

Hi guys im Azmi, actually i have been in turkey for 2 years until now. lets make a friend i like to travel, read a book, and especially playing airsoftgun (seems like paintball but its "guns" looks like the real firearms and the bullet is just plastic for 6mm)

nice to meet you all happy weekend guys

Hello everyone,

I am 32 guy, coming to Istanbul for 2 days by myself, I need some company to go around to have dinners, drinks and anything fun, anybody free from Wed to Sat ???

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : No publicity allowed on the forum. Please register your services in the Directory and drop advert in Housing section. Found on the overhead green banner.

Hello everybody!
I have been living in Istanbul for almost 9 years, but it is today that I have discovered this forum:)
I am looking forward to make new friends.

Hello all i joined this website yet. I m happy to know there are good people in Istanbul. And looking forward to meet with nice friends...

Hi i am Ahmed 33 years old science teacher from Egypt,I will go to Istanbul this August and i hope that i can meet new friends there.Please let me know if you are interested.

Where is the best place to go in Izmit ? Thanks

Turkey has been my country of choice and will love to be employed as a house help. I have live and work in Kuwait and Saudi as a house help and want to move on to Turkey. Will love if anyone can help me. Thanks

Hi everyone,

i am Fth from istanbul, it would be great meeting new friends here. i also like to travel a lot.

Lets keep in touch,

Hello.  Am Sharon I come from Uganda. Been in Turkey for 2months with my husband. We are in Usak now but we will be moving to Istanbul in August. Its nice to know about this forum.

Hello everyone,

I am considering moving to Istanbul, once im capable of finding a job there. I have visited the city before, and have plans for future visits as well and ready to relocate as soon as I can.
I am a Lebanese citizen, currently working in Beirut.
Good luck for all :)

Hello Sharon,  how are you?  My name is Ruth Nabagereka.  I am originally from Uganda but currently living in Nairobi.  I am planning on moving to Istanbul at the end of August and would like to interact with you on life in Turkey for a Ugandan.

hi , how are you , my name is moazzam masood , i am from Pakistan , city Islamabad, i am a small business man , i am planing to visit Istanbul in July , because i love turkey as i love pakistan , and if i find some business opportunity , i will start a business there..... i am looking for good friends in turkey

fereshteh  from australia  syd,
i,m middle age lady ,  live a life ,  with peace , and i,m peace maker ,
this end  july with my nephew from iran ( we are originally iranian )  will be visiting turkey ,Antalya, and may short visit
to greece( Athen , athena )   love to receive  some advice about  reasonable  accommodations ( hostels  ,  B&B )
with private facilities , quite  at night to steep , safe for ladies , please.
only small contact i had with one iranian lady  on this site , but i think she gave up with me , thats fine .
she was very nice and polite any way .
i love to be able to cook at my hotel ,some times, because ,,, i ,m on special  diet ,very  high gen too.
ofcourse  we eat out ,some times , which have no idea about costs in turkey at all  by now.
                              MANY THANKS 
                                   FERTESHTEH

Hi!

I'm Kelsey. I from Peoria, IL, USA and recently moved to Izmir for the summer to live with a family and help teach English to their children. I am looking for people of any background- that speak English- to share some advice about the city and possibly meet up!

Hi Alex, welcome to Turkey.I just came to from USA to Istanbul... I was been expat also for long years in Europe countries,East far countries,USA and many different countries. I lived in also egean costs and mediterraine costs side of all  towns in Turkey...I lived before also G.O.P (Tunalı str) and Cankaya/Ankara too.If you need some information about in Ankara ı can provide information.Ankara is good capital and peple is very friendly.

You must visit and escape to my wonderful Cappadocia any weekend with your good friends or can visit to Konya for Mevlana Celaleddin-i Rumi who is a very famious sufizm philosofer  and can watch the whirling dervishes dancing or you can go to picnic to Cubuk Baraj, can go to camp or go to fishing for Gölbaşı lake beach,can listen to street music outside in Yuksel street,MM bar in Tunalı,can visit Anıtkabir,Belpa ice skeating, or can visit to Canadian embassy turkish staff or canadian staff,can go to for life musics ambiancie bars,caffe and restaurants in every where and shopping,sporting acivities also have many variously other alternatives available are for injoying,never feeling lonely for your self  hope to in Ankara.
If you have a question or need more information about Ankara and all of the Turkey please do not hesitate to contact me. My id (meditourinternational (at) gmail.com ) or blue.seaworld3 at gmail.com
Wellcome again...Enjoy your time in Turkey...
Betty

hello BNYU

i,m fereshteh  from syd australia ,
i love to visit your country , i been there but 32 years ago, much different now.
do you mind to help me with some enquiry i have relating to my trip ,on july please.
i have my nephew 24 years old with me she is from iran .
no one did try to answer me ,  people are not there any more .
                                  kind
                   fereshteh

MARHEBA  TO YOU  TOO,

i,m fereshteh, recently joined ,  from syd AUSTRALIA ,
i have send my requests  to few members , nothing happening so far,
i,m visiting istanbul, on july , and antalya, i have my nephew from iran with me too.
i m not sure if you can give me some advices and answering some of my questions
about turkey please.
my last visit was 32 years ago, when i was young lady coming to australi.
                    kind
fereshteh

I'm kashif Ali from Pakistan I have passport also  I'm civil engineer I passed it in 2014. I have experienced with MES .meltry engineering service .. I want visit to Turkey for any job. As a helper iI will also work I'm hardworker. Thankx

Hello everyone. Im an Iranian girl who lives in Dubai. Im about to get married with a Turkish guy from Karebuk. We might need to move to Istanbul. I would highly approciate if some Iranians can help me and tell me if they know any Iranian psycologist who lives in Istanbul preferably. I need to get consult from Iranian psycologist as he/she knows Iranians and when he/she lives in Turkey shoulpnd know Turkish people too !! So we might both go to the Dr to make sure this marriage of two differrent nationaloties can work? This is while he doesnt know farsi and I dont know Turkish ...
Our english is quite well ... But not perfect.
I really really need help please ...
If anyone can introduce to me I will really really appeiciate !!

Thankssss

Closed