Controlled Medication

Hiya

I've been offered a job in Malta.

I am on pain relief for a bad back, one of the tablets I take is a morphine substitute that is classed as a controlled drug in the UK.

How easy will it be for me to arrange this medication in Malta? How much will it cost? 

Thanks

You may have to apply for a controlled medication card , you will need to speak to the doctor here though
Tramadol for 28 tablets cost me about 7€

Thanks for your quick response to my questions Rob.

Do I need to get residency before I apply for a controlled medication card?

JockP wrote:

Thanks for your quick response to my questions Rob.

Do I need to get residency before I apply for a controlled medication card?

in all honesty i dont know i cannot seem to find any information on it and the drug unit who deal with its website is down and hasnt been up in over a week or two - the doctor told me i would need to apply for one but no more information than that
i would reccomend you bring enough medicine for at least 6 months with you though so you can get your e-residence card etc sorted

hey jock went to the dr today and he filled out an application form for the white card which he then stamped and signed i then had to go to st lukes hopsital who take your id and print you a card all fairly simple

you can apply for the white card without and e-residence or maltese id card you will need to take your passport

hope this information helps

Rob, you are the ambassador of the expats in Malta, you know everything!   ;)

He is indeed!Good subject as I need to apply for it as well.
well done Rob:)

Hi!

Okay, so it's a sure thing that I don't need to apply for e-residency or local ID card in order to apply for the white card? And all I have to do is have a doctor fill the application and sign it? Because the doctor I went to told me that I will need a white card for my medication, but that I have to apply for these other things first. Is it possible she didn't know? I've been postponing applying for the white card for months, thinking it's such a hassle to go through all these long processes.

On that note, I have been living in Malta for over a year without any kind of card, do I have to apply for some sort of a permit, being from an EU country? I don't work here, I work for a company that is based in my home country. I have researched this topic multiple times online, but always get confused reading through stuff and never really finding a straight answer. A concrete answer would be so helpful!

I found the control card application online and it does say on there that if I don't have a Maltese ID-card, passport number is to be used. So I guess the doctor just didn't know?  :/

go and ask the doctor to fill in the form and they will take your passport at st lukes

however you will need to register for e-residency - check out the stick thread titled residency  the website and all the forms are there

Cool, thanks. But that's what I have been wondering which application form should I fill? I would have applied for residency months ago, but I don't seem to fall under any category. Am I self-employed? Since I don't work for a local company. Or am I self-sufficient? My monthly salary is quite small and I don't have any large sums to show or pay, but I keep reading something about paying taxes or providing proof to the government, which I also never quite understood. I live with my boyfriend who was born and raised in Malta, if that changes anything. All in all, it's not your typical move-to-Malta-and-find-a-job situation and I'm not planning on physically working here anyway.

Thanks for your help!

I would suggest applying as self sufficient  as your supporting yourself  you will need to show that you make money that meets the criteria in order to reside here

If you start a new thread with more details about your situation then we can best advise you

Ok, thanks!