Entry to GCC countries

Hi,
I was working in Oman in 2011 and has work visa at that time. Suddenly, I have to leave the company. My company was also new in Oman and has some difficult rules to leave the company so I decided to leave without resignation.
I came on vacation leave and didn't went back. After six month my visa expired and two years my labor card also got expired in 2013.
Now again I want to enter to Oman on new visa but come to know that my entry to GCC countries is banned as my Oman company has filed some case against me. I don't know the type of case and their nature of allegations but one of my friend from that company informed me that the company has registered IFR for theft in police against those employees who did the same act.
Please anyone can guide me, how I can get clearance from those allegations as the fact is that the company got blacklisted from Oman Government and terminated all it's contracts within Oman due to it's behavior and style of business. Mostly they gave headache to the employees and I feel lucky that I left in early time and later the other employees got more trouble. I want to clear my false case if any exists with Police department.
Please guide me what I should do?

Many Thanks from my heart on kindness.
Basharat Ali

Hi Basharat Ali,

I invite you to have a look at other topics related to visa : https://www.expat.com/forum/420-3-visas-oman.html
You might find some useful information.

Thanks

Priscilla

Hi bamughal,

You cannot clear your name unless you are physically present here in Oman. And if you do come, you are sure to get arrested on your arrival since there is a police case registered against your name - whether you innocent, or not.

Once you get arrested upon your arrival, the process of clearing your name gets complicated. You have to go back and forth from the court to prison and back endlessly till such time the hearings are finished; spend an exorbitant amount of money paying for legal fees, and finally after all this, you could even get convicted (for want of evidence, and many other factors). God forbid, if that happens, you will spend years behind bars.

In short, none of this is certainly worth it.

Enjoy your freedom. Don't attempt to come anywhere this side and risk it all - for nothing. Since all legal proceedings will be in Arabic and Arabic only, if you are a non-Arabic speaker, reader, writer, you will have no clue as to what is going on. And nobody will bother telling you also.

I write with authority on this subject since someone I know went through a really harrowing time in trying to clear his name. And, after almost 6 years of rotting in jail under horrendous conditions, he was deported. Thankfully, he is now living a happy life, putting behind him the torture he endured. But the scars will remain with him forever.

Be aware that you are in a very serious situation. And just to remind you, there are numerous other countries in this world besides the GCC ones.

Good luck.

Hi,

How did i find my name is in banned list GCC countries.

That's really appreciable advice. I am thankful for giving me the warning for severe consequences.
Is there any time frame so that this case may be cancelled automatically. I heard if you have convicted a crime and then then deported. After five years or more your name will be removed from ECL.
I would like to share some experience at Qatar Airport, I had long stay at Doha airport while travelling to Pakistan, I got the transit visa approved by the authority but when I went to Immigration person for stamp in visa and go out of the airport,I caught by policemen with the immigration instructions and luckily the police officer knows English well. He tried to find the problem but he didn't tell me why I can't enter to Qatar. He just ordered me to stay within airport boundary and wait your next flight.
Thanks God, I survived but the curiosity still exits in my mind, if he couldn't find any guilt then why he didn't allow me to enter. I think may be minor case or some reason which can not be punished.

Anyone can help me to find the details of allegations?
I really appreciate Sumithran for kind advice.

Thanks,
Basharat Ali

bamughal wrote:

That's really appreciable advice. I am thankful for giving me the warning for severe consequences.
Is there any time frame so that this case may be cancelled automatically. I heard if you have convicted a crime and then then deported. After five years or more your name will be removed from ECL.
I would like to share some experience at Qatar Airport, I had long stay at Doha airport while travelling to Pakistan, I got the transit visa approved by the authority but when I went to Immigration person for stamp in visa and go out of the airport,I caught by policemen with the immigration instructions and luckily the police officer knows English well. He tried to find the problem but he didn't tell me why I can't enter to Qatar. He just ordered me to stay within airport boundary and wait your next flight.
Thanks God, I survived but the curiosity still exits in my mind, if he couldn't find any guilt then why he didn't allow me to enter. I think may be minor case or some reason which can not be punished.

Anyone can help me to find the details of allegations?
I really appreciate Sumithran for kind advice.

Thanks,
Basharat Ali

Having traveled extensively, a transit visa only allows you to stay in the airport until you catch your next flight out.