New members of the Bolivia forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Bolivia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Bolivia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Buenas! !  Les escribo porque estoy organizando un viaje a Bolivia y Perú este agosto y septiembre. Soy Profesora  y estoy haciendo el doctorado en educación por la Universidad Internacional Iberoamericana. Por eso,  me gustaría hacer contactos con docentes y centros de allá. Se agradecen los consejos y recomendaciones.
Gracias y Hasta pronto!

violetasaez wrote:

Buenas! !  Les escribo porque estoy organizando un viaje a Bolivia y Perú este agosto y septiembre. Soy Profesora  y estoy haciendo el doctorado en educación por la Universidad Internacional Iberoamericana. Por eso,  me gustaría hacer contactos con docentes y centros de allá. Se agradecen los consejos y recomendaciones.
Gracias y Hasta pronto!

As you have posted on an ENGLISH speaking forum could you please post in ENGLISH only so that others can understand your post and perhaps provide information or advice.
Thank you.

Hello,
My name is Brenda and I moved to La Paz, Bolivia a year ago because of my father.  I was born in the US, but raised in Bolivia.  When I was sixteen, my mother send me to NY to finish my education. 

I was 20 years in the US Air Force, working in Logistics, where I also earned my Associates in Logistics and information Systems.  In addition, I have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Information systems and a Masters in Business Admin/Project Management.  I am seeking the opportunity to work in Bolivia.  Hopefully I will be able to find a job in  logistics or teaching. 

Bolivia is a beautiful country, and for the moment I am enjoying my life here.  I do miss the US, but at the moment Bolivia is my home.

Hi everyone,

My name is Amanda and I'm currently living in Sucre, Bolivia. I've been here since August last year and I'm on a one year contract with an international NGO (but day-to-day I'm working with a local partner organization). 

I'm originally from Canada, where I studied industrial design and international development.  My partner has also joined me here as well and we're excited to explore as much of the country as possible during our year here.

Nice to meet you all,
Amanda

Hi, I'm Bethany.

I've walked into Bolivia via the Villazon border about a month ago. Currently in Oruro as we day hike along the train tracks. Passing through La Paz and then back up into the mountains and anticipating walking out through Puerto Acosta in about another month from now. If anyone knows anything about that border crossing, I'd love to hear your experience. From what I can put together, it is pretty new?

I walk because it is a humbling way to get to see the land and the locals are more likely to tell their stories. We also share in schools about the first 5000 km of this trek and, specifically, the women we have met.

Only here a couple of months and, well, it is certainly a challenging country in many ways so extra kudos to those who chose and are able to make a life here.

Oh, another random side curiosity, if you have any info on how the Chinese industries have made and held a business foothold in the mining here, I would be really keen to learn more about how that has come to be. I've heard a lot of mixed opinions from the locals!

Be well and travel wide,

Be

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751275

Thanks!

Closed