Santa Teresa & Maria Regina - Any advice about those schools?

Has anyone got there daughter into one of these schools and how hard was it. Mine will be doing the 11+ before we move but I think she will have to do another exam to get in. Any advice and experice will be appricated

We are a french familly, and we arrive in Malta in one week !! Our sons will go to maria regina school in Mellieha. The youngest in primary school, and the second in secondary school ( but for boys). If you want, in several months i can tell you how it is. Sory for my english, for the moment, it isn't very good.
In april, we went in Malta for school registration. We were very well welcomed !! The manager of the school agreed to take them for 15 staying days. For them it's very nice, because they don't speek english at all !!! So that they can lurn during 15 days.

Hi Isbelle,
That would be of a great help if you can update me in a few months. Is April the best time to register and did you have proof of address as I'm not sure if I need to rent so I'm in the catchment area and then buy a house once we have sold ours to move over in July. I have spoken to the school and addmitance is based on where you live as it has changed from a grammar school so all pupils are welcome but were a bit vague on when to register. We lived in Normandy for 7years and I definatly couldn't write in French, your English is brillient. Thank you so much for your reply

We rent an appartment and when we had the lease we go to school for admission. You need a Wedding and birth certificate. The they give you a document that you have to perform. It is rather simple and they are very nice.

Hi Isbelle,

did the school require a vaccination list from your son, or did they ask to do an X-ray? I am asking because we are from Ukraine which is in the list of high-risk TBC countries, and I know that people from other "3rd world" countries may be asked for some extra papers proving their health condition is fine.

maybe this is no longer valid, but when I was enrolling my son to school we had to do TBC screening in health clinic in Qormi and with results come back to ministry of education and then enrolled our son

Thank you Duxx, I had to do the same myself for my employment license, therefore I expect my daughter will need to do the X-ray in a private clinic and after getting approval from Qormi clinic these papers should be taken to the Ministry of Education.

They don't ask for medical exams. It was very simple !!