Schools in Pointe noire

hello
Im moving to pionte noire in september with my familiy. My biggest consern is the school situation. I have a son 9years old and a daughter 12 years old. I was thinking  the international school but its just up to 11. we are from Norway and my kids do not speak any french. what would it be like for them to start on a french school? Any experiences? Is the Lycee
the charlement a good school? please help me!

Hi there .. I'm just wondering if you have moved to pointe noire yet?

Hi. So Nice to hear from you. Finally someone answered:)!! yes im in Pointe Noire. We arrived sunday so everything is very new to us. My children goes to ISPN. So far so good. What about you, are you in Pointe Noire?

Christina

Hi
sorry I don't know yr name 😁
glad to hear you arrived in pointe noire. I don't live there but I do visit a very good friend of mine who lives there. It's a place that takes a bit of getting used to really. I do feel on occasions a bit lost as I don't speak French and everyone around me just rattles it off. However, if your there I would like to meet as it can get lonely when I stay there and know no one.  Tell me where your from? I'm from Ireland and I love to travel and meet new friends. I am an optician by trade and work for an irish manufacturing company.

Hi Helly
My name is Christina. Im from Norway and Im a teacher. My husband Works in a oil Company and thats why we are here. I have the same problem With the French. I have to learn French, I feel lost:) I don`t know anybody so it would be great to meet when you come to PN. Hope to hear from you soon:)

Christina

Hi Christina,
I know exactly how you feel when you say your lost. I was that way too. I don't know about you but my skin glows of whiteness and between not knowing a word of french and extremely white complexion, i did stick out in the crowd and didn't at all blend in. 😁
I'd love to meet you when i come over. I didn't know anyone the last time so i spent most of the time in my apartment except when i was brave enough to go for a 5 minute walk down to the end of the block and back. I had cabin fever by the end of the week.  😁
Are you teaching in point noire also?
What company does your husband work for? My friend works for total.
If you have facebook ... my name is .. travelling rosie .. its the only one of that name, so I'm easy to find. Other than that I have email ... [email protected]
other than that it's the usual viber or WhatsApp
++++
so feel free to chat with me on any.
looking forward to meeting you. 😊
Helen

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

Dear All ,
Am planning to relocate to Pointe Noire in the next 2 months with my family. I was recommended the ISPN school for my 5 yr old kid ,  Would appreciate if you could share your impressions and experience . Thanks a lot. shady