Flats for rent

My partner and I are moving to malta in july and are looking for a long term let starting in august. Preferably two bedrooms and our budget is around €550 a month without bills. He will be working in st julians and i will (hopefully) be attending the university so we need somewhere anywhere in between these areas really. We've already visited silema near the seafront and weren't really looking at that area in particular. If anyone knows of anything or could recommend nice affordable areas id be really grateful :) oh and somewhere that is relatively quiet too as we had a lot of trouble with noise last time we came!

I think your best bet is to seek properties near the university of your coming in July as you will have no chance of getting anywhere near  st Julian's of sliema for your budget in high season as a lot of people do short term lets ... It might be worth coming over say for a long weekend as soon as possible and ring and view as many places on maltapark , times of Malta etc long lets asap so you can get something before the prices go to silly

For the university,Msida could be an option.

Rob,

When does high season end? I am planning to move in August but it sounds like that properties will be more expensive to rent on a long term basis in that month?

Many thanks,

Properties start to get cheaper October / November time

Thanks for the information. I plan to move  for work in August (but may try and delay for a month then) so not sure if makes more sense to have a short term let for August / September and then enter a long term let in October / November.

Were in a similar situation my partners job starts in august and our house will be rented out by then so we have to move then really which is a shame if the prices are higher. Weve been looking at short lets and couldnt find much apart from holiday rentals which were charging the earth :(

Hello,
We are in a similar situation
we complete on our house we bought & move out 1st week in August
we have 3 months to refurbish the place before we can move
I think it will be difficult to find a place at that time of year for three months
But we are going to rent a cheap holiday place for a couple of weeks & hope we get lucky
otherwise it might be a case of moving into a building site :)
Still on the upside we will be in Malta & if we have to rough it for a bit then so be it
good luck with your search.

I'm also arriving around the first if August and the lowest price I have found for short term is 60/night!  I've been trying to find something with a monthly rate rather than nightly but no luck so far. Any of you planning on renting before you arrive?  I haven't been able to find any info on how to do that or if it's even possible.  I was hoping to at least be able to pay a deposit on something to hold it.

Hi, Louiza here Ron t know, if you remember me, I gad sent you a message before, i am glad you found someone, we moved from South Florida to Malta last summer, my son is 10&1/2 , he is also a mine crafter, we live in Marsascala, I am sure you will like it here, pm if you gave any question,
[email protected] or gmail.com, hope things are working out for your move, I went thru it last year,
My hubby will be in Florida in couple weeks for a month or so, I wish we could all go back,
Tickets are too costly.
Take care,

Louiza

robpw2 wrote:

I think your best bet is to seek properties near the university of your coming in July as you will have no chance of getting anywhere near  st Julian's of sliema for your budget in high season as a lot of people do short term lets ... It might be worth coming over say for a long weekend as soon as possible and ring and view as many places on maltapark , times of Malta etc long lets asap so you can get something before the prices go to silly

I don't think they are that far away from the real price of rented flats.I've found my 1 bedroom flat for 350 euro per month with utilities included in St. Julian's on this forum, from the ad section.Do you think that might be a scam?From what I've seen there are a few apartaments around this size at these prices.Maybe it's not impossible to find 2 bedroom apartament for 500 euro without the utilities included.I really hope I am not getting scamed. :)

€350 euros for st Julian's ... Someone got lucky - have you actually seen the apartment ?
I hope you haven't been scammed although it's possible as it's still early in the season you got lucky

Anyway I'm not saying you can't get good deals I'm just saying mostly in the summer people charge more as they get all the tourists etc

I can offer you a room for 2 people with private bathroom in marsascala, available 1st september. Contact me for price and pictures,

The advertisement was on this forum.I saw it and contacted the owner.He/she said if I pay for 6 months in advance the rent will be lower(it was 400 first) and it included limited electricity and water bills, and wi-fi.The apartament is booked from 5th july so I guess it's in the boom of the season.It's a very small apartament, it's not something huge.I think it's 1 room+kitchen so I think the price might be normal.Unfortunately I can't know if I am being scammed or not, I have to try.I really hope I am not going to be scammed because that's going to mess up my life pretty bad. :)

Also I forgot to say that I booked the apartament from April so that's not in the tourism season.The owner was kind enough to make an exception for me and to keep the apartament empty until july.I really hope that's what it really was tho.But to be honest you can be scammed everywhere, even in your own country so I don't have another option but to give it a shot.From the conversation I had with the owner I think it's not a scam.

hi, I just read your advert.

I was thinking to rent my flat for  long term, I am leaving Malta to move to Spain.  It is located in Msida  10 minutes  from University and  across there is the promenade. It is a modern building, quite and clean. Yo might come to visit  when you are in Malta if you want.

Regards

Gemma

Would you consider a double bedroom in my home in central Sliema, close to all amenities.
Price is 550 every 4 weeks without bills + 100 (for bills:water, electricity, 24 hr wifi, and 1 free load of clothes washing per week, use of kitchen and living area. ) 
Thanks
Regards
Eileen

if u want, send me the details and I will check for u :)

eilrit wrote:

Would you consider a double bedroom in my home in central Sliema, close to all amenities.
Price is 550 every 4 weeks without bills + 100 (for bills:water, electricity, 24 hr wifi, and 1 free load of clothes washing per week, use of kitchen and living area. ) 
Thanks
Regards
Eileen

my two bed flat is cheaper than that lol .. good look finding someone

So is mine and yes good luck with that. P's rob read your pvt mags :)

pls note that this price is for 2 persons.
No problem . Thanks :)

Actually this is not my own property but a friends' luxurious flat in central Sliema with breathtaking views . Still , good luck to u too :)

robpw2 wrote:
eilrit wrote:

ileen

robpw2 wrote:
eilrit wrote:

Regards
Eileen

@ eilrit > For all accommodation offers, please note that you are required to post in the appropriate section : Housing in Malta section.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

depends where it is and the standard of the finishes and furnishings :)

Gosho1991 wrote:
robpw2 wrote:

I don't think they are that far away from the real price of rented flats.I've found my 1 bedroom flat for 350 euro per month with utilities included in St. Julian's on this forum, from the ad section.Do you think that might be a scam?From what I've seen there are a few apartaments around this size at these prices.Maybe it's not impossible to find 2 bedroom apartament for 500 euro without the utilities included.I really hope I am not getting scamed. :)

When you meet the owner, give him a big hug

It's crazy here, the problem is people willing to pay for anything (I actually said that to an agent yesterday)

2 bedroom without services fo 500 euro...in St. Julians? For what I've seen, no way José

eilrit wrote:

Would you consider a double bedroom in central Sliema, close to all amenities.
Price is 550 every 4 weeks with bills :water, electricity, 24 hr wifi, and 1 free load of clothes washing per week, use of kitchen and living area. )  Short lets only
Thanks
Regards
Eileen

Hi Gemma

Could you please send details of your flat?
Location and pics would be great.
I've been offered some work at the University and would like to know what living in Msida is like.

thanks
Jeannie

I. Looking for rent room 2015 july start . 1 room 1 bath wifi and ,internet must . Tanks