Learning to teach English

Any recommendations on courses in Malta to learn to teach English as a second language? I am not a teacher, but want to do this on a non-profit basis with children/teens. I realize that most TESL schools are geared to careers in schools with adults/teens, but I'm sure the basics are a good place to start. I am resident in Malta.

Hey there, I realise I'm a bit late with the reply, but in case it's useful to others: I did my CELTA training at NSTS teacher training centre (in Gzira). As far as I know they also do the more basic courses (the CELTA is quite intensive, and expensive...). You could also google "Alan Marsh", he was one of my teacher trainers and he's quite experienced in the field of training ESL teachers. He's got a blog with lots of info: alaninmalta.blogspot.co.at/

Thanks Bernie (I hope that's you) - will look for this info. I had a reply from one school in Paceville with a month's course in November, if they get enough applicants. Yes, probably a bit expensive but at least accredited, which is important to some. Need to do more research! Hope you are enjoying the Maltese summer. We are in southwestern France, too hot for my Canadian blood in Malta! Cheers!